• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote
My first time back in the main forums in a while and was totally thrilled see this thread again after the recent removal of the series discussions to their own sub-forum. I though it had been dead, but I see that at least a few people have kept it going these past couple months.

My latest acquisition was a long time coming. I finally finished up the second season of Haikyu (yea I know I was late to the party but wanted to get it done before the new season starts) and had to have a Tanaka figure, like stat. I ordered the regular edition of his DXF figure over a month ago and he never arrived. So I went to order another and to my surprise, someone was selling the v2 alternate face version that I liked better, and for cheaper.

photo Figure v2_zpsprcdbfbj.jpg

I also have a very healthy obsession with Trafalgar Law from One Piece going on, so in the last 3 months, I've picked up just about every figure made of him. My work desk is littered with his figures.... I even use his oppai mousepad. Embarassed
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Every guy's gotta check it time to time that all the parts down there are where they are supposed to be and that the odor isn't anything out of the ordinary, but I'm not so sure about doing it with that kind of grin on your face. Laughing
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
It's just so... him. It was funny when they showed him doing it in the show a bunch a times.. But to actually create his one and only figure like that.. I could not say no. But I'm also a huge sucker for baldy delinquent types, so I would have gotten it even if he didn't have his hands down his pants.
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Wanted to add some new things I picked up these last couple months. Finally got around to taking photos.

Worick from Gangsta... Cannot wait for Nico next month..though I REALLY hope the official paint fixes his wonky eye.....

Zoro from One Piece - The Jeans freak line is not my faveoite non scale line... but this and the Law one I REALLY liked and had to have

All 6 guys from All Out! While not as nicely done as the Hozuki figures from this line... I was still pleased with how they turned out.

Pair of Nendos

Last but not least, a Touken Ranbu sword. I have all scaled figures released to date for TR and have a bunch more pre-ordered. I'm a sucker for sword boys.....
lem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
^nice pics geishageek

Had this one and a new Shiki pre-ordered with Right Stuf! last year. Forgot where I stashed the unopened Shiki so I'll have to conduct an excavation here soon.

Anyway, here's Alter's take on Archer. Two different heads, both weapons, a left hand and another right arm are included.

*EDIT
Resized

Last edited by lem on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty bad-ass!
lem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Shiki Ryougi from the Garden of Sinners unboxed.

Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Got my sassy earth Seraph today.

CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
It only took nearly three flipping months (national post is getting worst by the hour), but my Tsukki nendo finally arrived. As expected, he's very cute :3

Here's my Haikyuu shelf for now

I'm probably going to be moving them soon because right now that shelf is very hard to reach, but all that will have to wait, for the time being, I'm pleased with having the three of them like that
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Got my sassy earth Seraph today.

Mmmm. Nice. Edna's short dress is just hnnnnng.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:53 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Mmmm. Nice. Edna's short dress is just hnnnnng.

In case you were wondering (and I know you were), her panties are pure white, just like her soul.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
three flipping months

This is why I almost always just bite the bullet and pay for EMS shipping. Sure its almost like buying another actual figure just for the price of shipping, but the piece of mind it brings me is totally worth it. I just hate watching my items sit as JFK customs for weeks, with no movement what so ever.

I love your Haikyuu shelf by the way. I wish I had the space to display mine. Sadly only Tanaka is out for viewing on my work desk.

Last edited by geishageek on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
Tsukki looks cuter in that pic than he does in the official sales shots. Very Happy

@ geishageek: Do you leave your figures in the boxes?

I came so close to finally pulling the trigger on Mikazuki. He was even in my shopping cart. Couldn't do it though. Now he's $20 more. Smile I think I'll just have to admire everyone's collections from afar...
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
The few I have displayed at work and at home are boxless, but the rest are all either in storage or waiting to go to storage in their boxes; yet this doesn't stop me from buying 5-6 figures each month. Hopefully I can clean up my anime/manga library room over the Holidays and maybe actually get some display cases to yanno, display them. haha Embarassed

Which Mikazuki were you looking to get? If from TR, I can say that he is absolutely gorgeous, and is one of the best looking figures I own. The detailing is outrageous and totally worth every penny.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote
Not anime related, but I had to order this little guy from F4F. He was too cute to pass up. I love the Katamari games, but suck so hard at the actual mechanics of those games.

I also have their Saitama from One Punch Man on order as well, but they are having some licensing issues, so all their orders for him are on hold.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 106 of 111