• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vice & Luna - #14

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I think this strip is more "A new challenger appears!" than a "This couple is set in stone". After all, even Godai & Kyoko had competence.
Northlander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
These last couple of strips have been really good. I wasn't sure what to make of the few first ones, because I wasn't sure if I got the references of most of the comedy you may or may not have gone for. (Hell, I found the "Asuna's Tears" joke hilarious, but if I hadn't read that article about the ridiculousness of the villain of said reference, I wouldn't have gotten that joke much, if at all, so... when it comes to references, that can be a bit of a crapshot. But yeah, the more mild dramaish bits have worked out rather well for this one, I think.

jojothepunisher wrote:
These guys are obviously meant for each other. Now I am curious of what the hell happened to them in the past.

I might be wrong, but it sounds like you're assuming that the relationship Luna referred to in the earlier strip that didn't work out was with Vice. But since Vice just now seems to consider the option that he might be in love with her, I doubt that's the case. (And it makes the Maison Ikkoku reference even more amusing, since from what I've heard, that manga ran with the love triangle angle for quite some time.)

If that wasn't what you meant, then... just ignore what I just said. Well... most of it anyway. Even if I assumed wrong, I'd like to hear what you think of what I just stated.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:05 am Reply with quote
If this ends up going the "Luna is bi but ends up with a man" route I'm going to be pretty mad, won't lie. Haven't we seen that enough in Western media lately?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2