• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Fans Choose the Strongest Robot Pilots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wii800

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Kira on here makes me laugh. Kira relies heavily on his MS more than his own skills. After all, he's a programmer and not a pilot.

Also; no Kuro? Its not Super-exempt given Simon and Guy are listed. Mad

that makes no sense, amuro who is first place relied heavily on his suit and its because his MS was superior to all others that he won a lot if his fights even char who is a vastly superior when the first met, lost to amuro simple due the fact because the gundam was superior to the zaku II. kira also showed his better piloting skills when he fought 1 against 4 on numerous occasion , having four of them with MS no weaker than the strike and all of them having MS training.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

As for the poll, it's a bit hard to separate the pilots from their machines, especially considering most of them are usually piloting one of, if not the, best machines in the show at that point (until their opponent gets a better one and beats them, then they get the bestest one ;p)

That was one of the positive elements of Aldnoah.Zero. The protagonist started with an inferior mech and stuck with it.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
Why is Simon in 11th? His 'robot' (along with the co-pilots) literally half the size of a universe! It's stupidly so strong that not even Goku, Superman, and Saitama combined can stand up to this!

spoiler[I mean, Simon himself defeated the villain that has the ability to warp the space time in a fist-fight!]
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Here we go again. SEED haters just have to throw a bitch tantrum over silly trivial things. How petty to have let this 12-year old cartoon about giant robots scar you for life, assuming you had any to begin with but I'm just being hopeful for your sakes.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
Here we go again. SEED haters just have to throw a bitch tantrum over silly trivial things. How petty to have let this 12-year old cartoon about giant robots scar you for life, assuming you had any to begin with but I'm just being hopeful for your sakes.

I don't hate Seed. I found it to be at best alright modern spin of the original series. It wasn't mind blowing or even great in my opinion but it was alright. Now Seed Destiny that series was a flaming piece of shit that literally didn't have one good thing going for it. The characters were terrible, the story was terrible, the themes were terrible, the ending was terrible, the absolute bullshit revival of a character that died in Seed that makes no sense at all and would require them to re-animate the death scene in Seed to make any sense and the animation was the cheapest garbage this side of some idiot making a 5 sec flash animation back in the early 2000's. You would see the exact same shots multiple times in the same fight. You would see the same exact same Seed Zaku and Gouf destroyed multiple times a fight which they at most would flip the shot over so they were on the other side of the screen. That series I have hated since the moment I finished it and I will gladly tear into it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
Shinji is incredibly powerful in "End of Eva" as Unit 01 is the key for the Third Impact. Heck, he spoiler[rejects Instrumentality and kills apparently destroys Lilith/Rei].
m
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5