• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Irregular at Magic High School Anime Film's 2nd Teaser Video, Story Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarimaANN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:36 am Reply with quote
Why no new anime season though? From my understanding the first season was quite popular and the LN continues to be.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:04 am Reply with quote
HarimaANN wrote:
Why no new anime season though? From my understanding the first season was quite popular and the LN continues to be.

No idea tbh... the Light Novel continues to be the 2nd/3rd place every week....
CrazyFrogZ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
HarimaANN wrote:

Mahouka LN sales more than 150K copied every volumes. While volume 16 sales reach 280K.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
It's going to be an original story? That's lame. Maybe that's better than a recap, but still... can't say I'm all that interested in it then.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:10 am Reply with quote
It's funny how they keep trying to hype up these Aniplex x Kadokawa 60 minute Light Novel movies with regular publicity spots and updates when so far they've all followed the same basic sort of formula like a DBZ or One Piece movie. Add at least one new waifu and take the cast on a basic "best of" quest that doesn't rock the canon too much and essentially just serves as a bridge to a new TV season or book.

I remember the show for this being dreadfully dull. There were never any stakes and the cast seemed to know it as everything and everyone just sort of sleepwalked matter of factly through events as there was never any doubt that the two siblings would handle any sort of limited threat or challenge that came their way and impress the rest of the cast in the process. That seemed to be the entire premise and extent thereof and probably the one that would most benefit from being trimmed down to a 60 minute throwaway flick instead of drawn out over an entire season.
T.Silver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:57 am Reply with quote
I wonder if characters like Lina or the Kuroba twins will make an appearance. Glad Satou is behind this, he should give the charactersvand story a better representation than what the anime delivered. Also summer 2017? Thats earlier than i anticipated.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
this could be interesting but yes this could end up being much like a Shonen Jump movie where nothing is really changed and it just makes for a neat self-contained story. Hopefully this may be a way to gauge interest for a possible second season but that's me being optimistic
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
HarimaANN wrote:

this is lame, but sometimes they think the sales have peaked, so thery refrain from making more anime since it won't make the sales any better, so it's lose lose for anime viewers >.<
LordMaou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
The return of Mr. Overpowered =P.

Look forward to it.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
What are the chances of "Rising Hope" playing during this movie? It needs to return.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:53 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:
HarimaANN wrote:

this is lame, but sometimes they think the sales have peaked, so thery refrain from making more anime since it won't make the sales any better, so it's lose lose for anime viewers >.<

Its kind of stupid with Mahouka because its one of the anime where the anime actually ends up paying for itself and more making reliance on light novel sales moot. But i guess it is what it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1