• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Police Arrest 2 Chinese Suspects for Uploading Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

That is rude to tell anyone "stop watching (whatever) form of entertainment, you do not need it", the least I can say is that it is patronizing.
Kzwtl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Sigh*. I hope everyone here don't think it is *OKAY* to watch pirated anime. It is simple as if you own a company while other people cloning your product, and they get all the sale while u get none... TBH, I used to use pirated site when I was younger, when I started working, I began to understand the important of copyright, there are many ways to earn legal access to different animes now. Also, I do shopping alot on amazon jp ever since they have global shipping. Shipping is a bit pricy tho, Crunchyroll is always a good place to watch anime. Neutral Hope everyone know/learn that from school that copy paste is not good.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Kzwtl wrote:
Sigh*. I hope everyone here don't think it is *OKAY* to watch pirated anime.

Technically, you're absolutely right. But if a show I'm watching or going to watch happens to be officially unavailable, I have absolutely no regrets pirating it.
Even today not all titles are available for one reason or other, whether region restricted(mostly Funi-licensed shows, but also others on practically every platform), or delayed(some shows on Crunchy at least in the past, Netflix), or altogether unavailable(yes, some titles still pop up in this category).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3