• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daisuki to Stream Long Riders!, Magic of Stella, March comes in like a lion, Occultic;Nine Ani

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Basically other sites might get the show but only a week behind, and for people who like to keep up, the others basically might as well not have it at all
SlamMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
So it's only exclusive for a week then? I'm confused about this?

I assumed that it meant it's exclusive to premium Daisuki members for a week. Then after a week everyone can watch it.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote
No thanks! Daisuki + Anime Network are bloody awful.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

Since they said Stella is exclusive, I doubt CR (or anyone else) has them.

Someone on CR raised the issue of it apparently being a Kadokawa title, which this earlier ANN article also implies:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-06/magic-of-stella-anime-tv-ad-introduces-girl-who-makes-dojin-games/.106154

It it actually is a Kadokawa title, it would be a breach of contract for Daisuki to license it to anyone but CR, much less give another company an exclusive:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-press-release/2016/04/10/crunchyroll-and-kadokawa-enter-into-strategic-alliance
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Well that sounds potentially troubling... Confused

I'm sure it'll be cleared up soon enough.
Now that we have a few other shows confirmed for TAN, things are starting to look a little complicated going into the first season with FuniRoll being a thing.
crx07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:

Since they said Stella is exclusive, I doubt CR (or anyone else) has them.

Someone on CR raised the issue of it apparently being a Kadokawa title, which this earlier ANN article also implies:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-06/magic-of-stella-anime-tv-ad-introduces-girl-who-makes-dojin-games/.106154
It it actually is a Kadokawa title, it would be a breach of contract for Daisuki to license it to anyone but CR, much less give another company an exclusive:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-press-release/2016/04/10/crunchyroll-and-kadokawa-enter-into-strategic-alliance
We don't know when this alliance will start. Sevankis even makes a speculation about it that it may start on Winter 2017. So, no breach of contract.
Plus, kadokawa may hate the crunchy-funi marriage.

goatnuke wrote:
Daisuki is getting these shows a week late and given past history this means they'll all air on Crunchyroll alongside Japan. Crunchyroll just hasn't announced these yet but it will happen. (Edit: maybe outside of Long Riders and Magic of Stella if those are exclusive although a one-week delay on exclusives is weird to me).
Are you sure Daisuki streams the shows a week late? In my own experience, High School Fleet streams less than 5 hours after it aired in Japan.
EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited by crx07 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
The first two probably, but I'm guessing IBO will go to Hulu like the last season.

IBO has already been announced for same-day streaming on Gundam.Info's youtube page.

It seems that the Youtube stream is not available in the US at least, as with the last season and is only legal available in the US at Daisuki and...Hulu. I should have qualified my statement that it only applied to the US at least.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
crx07 wrote:
We don't know when this alliance will start. Sevankis even makes a speculation about it that it may start on Winter 2017. So, no breach of contract.
Plus, kadokawa may hate the crunchy-funi marriage.

Over on CR, llamaben noted that this is actually a Media Factory title, and while they are a brand of Kadokawa (which explains the preview on Kadokawa's YouTube channel), they might be excluded from the agreement. It seems like splitting hairs, but it is another possible explanation.

As to whether it has started yet, note that Brave Witches (which people unaware of the Kadokawa agreement expected to go to Funimation) is "worldwide outside of Asia" on CR, exactly what the agreement called for. (Meanwhile, the simulcast licenses that appear to be part of the Funimation partnership are all the English speaking countries, including most of the Nordic countries).

I also note that Ange Vierge and Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 3rei!!, two summer titles from Kadokawa were also worldwide outside of Asia. More telling, the latter, which had seen the previous series licensed by Sentai and streamed on other platforms such and TAN, was not (consistent with CR having exclusive digital distribution rights).
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
It is welcoming to know that the Long Riders has a home for now. I have yet to stream anything on Daisuki, but I imagine the experience will compare favourably to FunimationNow.

Quote:
The stream will be available in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Monaco, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, Vatican City, Yugoslavia, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden.

As positive as it is to see a large number of countries in this list, it should be mentioned that one of them no longer exists.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
^Hopefully they just got lazy and just didn't want to bother to write Kosovo, Macedonia, and Slovenia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2