• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nobuhiro Watsuki Draws 2-Chapter Rurouni Kenshin Spinoff Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
This is so nice! I'm excited to see Watsuki work on this great series once more!
tintor2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
I didn't know Watsuki was married especially since I collected all 28 volumes Kenshin which had the author talking in some pages. Was it before Buso Renkin?
Psajdak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:43 am Reply with quote
Original Rurouni Kenshin manga is such an amazing shonen source material for new anime adaptation; such a shame it will never happen.
karyuudo0127

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
Original Rurouni Kenshin manga is such an amazing shonen source material for new anime adaptation; such a shame it will never happen.

Yeah, it is a shame. The musical which was done was pretty good even though it didn't follow the manga 100%. Sozaburo Kano was a great new character though.

Here's shameless plug for a subtitled preview of the musical from my group that we're working on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Frn_8ClG0
Somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
I didn't know Watsuki was married especially since I collected all 28 volumes Kenshin which had the author talking in some pages. Was it before Buso Renkin?

The wedding sounds like after, or around the end of, Busou Renkin.
From this interview:
"AS – How did you meet Watsuki-san?

Kurosaki-san – We met at the Shonen Jump 25th anniversary event. Then again, that’s work too, isn’t it? (laughs) Right now, they’re on the 45th anniversary. We’ve only been married for 8 years, so we dated for a very long time. As a manga artist, he lives in the world of manga, and not the real world. He only comes back to reality once in a while, so maybe it wasn’t so long after all! (laughs) Sometimes when he comes back he tells me that things are going well, and others he learns they aren’t going so well."

WSJ's 25th anniversary would be in 1993 (Watsuki would be 23-ish and Kurosaki would be 24-ish then), but they didn't get married until 8 years before 2013, so 2005. And Busou Renkin ended that year.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
Nice to see him return to his most famous work. I think it would be better if he did at least 5 chapters because then it's fleshed out more (Get it? Kenshin is an ex-assassin).
ScarredSwordHeart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:11 am Reply with quote
Will this story be set during Kenshin's wandering years?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1