• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Prism is Next Fan Game Set for Release

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
RIP Pokémon Uranium.
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Yet another fan-made game that will soon bite the dust.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for this to get shut down. What is it about "You can't use someone else's property" that people don't understand?
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Yay for piracy

Kougeru wrote:
Can't wait for this to get shut down. What is it about "You can't use someone else's property" that people don't understand?

The "You can't stop me from liking your property in the ways I want" way.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

I don't know. But considering you're in the "All localizations of Japanese products suck no matter what" camp, I guess I should just act neutral - I mean, natural.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

The fact that they think they can make it better than the license holders and the sad thing is that fan made Pokémon games have sometimes been superior to the originals.

Nintendo had the right to take it down but there will always be mirrors that people will create for ever so others can get it
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:
The fact that they think they can make it better than the license holders and the sad thing is that fan made Pokémon games have sometimes been superior to the originals.

Yeah... no. This game looks like your typical generic romhack. The fact they're limited to using the Gen 2 engine because obviously using the current engine requires actual programming talent beyond swapping sprites around says a lot.
Ziko577

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
First of all, I play a lot of Pokemon ROM Hacks and this doesn't qualify as a fan game at all. Nintendo won't DMCA this one because ROM Hacks fall into a sort-of gray area and I've never heard of any hacks getting shelved because of that. Translations however have been DMCA'd because often the companies release the games and it's pointless to do a translation after the fact.

For additional clarification here's a story on Pokecommunity about this: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2016/10/09/what-exactly-is-a-rom-hack/
Levitz9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
TrueZangetsu wrote:

Yeah... no. This game looks like your typical generic romhack. The fact they're limited to using the Gen 2 engine because obviously using the current engine requires actual programming talent beyond swapping sprites around says a lot.

They added a Wood-type... when the Grass-type exists and Tree-esque Pokémon like Trevenant are classified under it!

It is going to be such an enthralling dumpster fire when this game gets the inevitable DMCA. Man, people just never learn.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Trainer Customization in Gen II...Interaction between other player Trainers would have more fun had Game Freak introduced it in Crystal.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Stop. At least change the name and images and stuff. Like you could hunt and fight with spirits and tame them using a watch. spoiler[I love Yo-Kai Watch, I just had to because there are more than one monster game franchise out there.]
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quote
This isn't going anywhere unlike Uranium, Nintendo just hates fangames and sometimes translations, I also want to play it come December.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Aaannnddd it'll be taken down by TPCI in 3...2...1...
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I give this game about a week before Nintendo shuts it down. Confused
ETX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:15 am Reply with quote
This won't be taken down, it's just a patch/rom-hack of Crystal. Uranium was it's own game from the ground up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2