• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Revolutionary Girl

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I just have to say: I love Kairi. Love him to death. I haven't seen vol 5 yet so I don't know if my love will turn to bitter, seething, violent hate. I hope it doesn't.

I've been sitting back and letting Phantom memroy pass me by even though I liked the first episode I saw.

The shelves were nice- makes me kind of wish I could take a trip around the US and go to different anime stores. That'd be great.

Nice job as always.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
icepick314

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote
my struggle on my day off/weekend is between my laziness and my full bladder....

I wanna go pee but that means I gotta get up, go to the bathroom, lower my pants and start urination (I live alone so I can keep the toilet seat up which saves me an entire step)...but I wanna stay sit and move as little as possible from front of my TV or PC or under the blanket on my bed....

holding it in as long as I possibly can probably isn't good for me...

I was thinking of adult diaper option but that's just too gross to even try it out...

couple things on Shelf Life...

what's "BFF" and what Ohno figure? the pictures are too fuzzy to see what's what....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:

what's "BFF"

Best friend forever.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
I go to Vidiot many times, it certainly has a great selection of anime. I see Kira sometimes, I'll nag her from now on and she can blame it all on you Bamboo.
WesW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quote
Karau was a good show. It kept the same quality and style of storytelling all the way through, so if you liked the early volumes, you'll enjoy the ones to come.
It's a show clearly aimed at women, but still very enjoyable for anyone who likes well-written, character-driven shows. From what I remember, even the adversaries weren't really bad people, just people caught in bad situations. It was easy to put yourself in their situation and see things from their point of view.
I think it would be the perfect show for introducing a teen or even tween girl to anime.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Every weekend, I fight a fierce battle between my hunger and my laziness.

Alas, its a battle I know all too well.

Quote:
Perishable
Scared now, are we?

Maybe your standards are too low?
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quote
I have a similar problem with laziness... I dislike preparing food for myself, so if there is no one to prepare food for me, I go without eating.

That sucks when my family leaves for the weekend. I fear moving away because I will die from starvation.
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I just have to say: I love Kairi. Love him to death.

Kairi is the only reason I continued to watch Peach Girl. I hated every other character vehemently, but Kairi made it all better. I can understand where you're coming from about the guiltiness of enjoying the series, Bamboo. I think I finally understand why people watch soap operas--they're like a trainwreck you can't quite look away from. That's Peach Girl to me.
UltimateSpaceLion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quote
Yes!!! Kurau is such a great character! I was very pleased that she displayed as little skin as possible throughout the entire series.

The actual series itself is a little lacking though. I'd love to see the character of Kurau in a series with a really strong story
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:51 am Reply with quote
You better believe 'Kurau' is shelfworthy!! I wouldn't ranted and raved about ADVfilms delay in getting it out if I didn't think it wasn't.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:58 am Reply with quote
Oh god. I feel the same way about Peach Girl. I struggled through every episode, even though the later ones made me just want to punch every character in the face. I figured I had gotten so far that I should just finish it through and hope that it got better, and it did. But geez, the ridiculous decisions the characters would make and how many times they just needed to be slapped for being dumb and overreacting. It drove me crazy when they'd find something out and jump to conclusions OVER AND OVER without ever trying to really talk to the person and just go OMG NOES and be depressed and ugh. Sdkjsgdfjdj anyway. Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bci110

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Oh god. I feel the same way about Peach Girl. I struggled through every episode, even though the later ones made me just want to punch every character in the face. I figured I had gotten so far that I should just finish it through and hope that it got better, and it did. But geez, the ridiculous decisions the characters would make and how many times they just needed to be slapped for being dumb and overreacting. It drove me crazy when they'd find something out and jump to conclusions OVER AND OVER without ever trying to really talk to the person and just go OMG NOES and be depressed and ugh. Sdkjsgdfjdj anyway. Yes.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm also struggling as to exactly where the characters are going in this series. It's gotten to the point that it's starting to make my head spin. But I will say that the characters in Peach Girl are actually very intersting to watch, and I definitely see better character development and plotlines as the series progresses. The Peach Girl teens are certainly not as annoying or brain-dead as the ones in Suzuka. Razz
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Wow, with all the negative comments here about Peach Girl, I'm kind of wondering why ya'll are still watching.

As for me, I continue to really enjoy the series, probably because I just sink into the story and don't try to evaluate any of their actions. I just let the story tell itself and if the characters do things I'd consider stupid, I don't mind, because without those stupid actions the story wouldn't go anywhere anyway. Very Happy

Quote:
If there's one thing that's a little disappointing, it's that none of the characters (except Sae, surprisingly) have really changed.

Ah, Bamboo, are you starting to think better of Sae? I can see why there are so many Kairi fans, but for reasons I still can't fully articulate, I really do adore Sae. She's even starting to act semi-decent at this point!

It's a relief. Liking a sociopathic pathological liar with the morals of Machiaveli isn't easy. Wink
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I had never even heard of Glass Fleet until I read this article, and based on what was said there's probably good reason for that. It sounds like quite a mess and a rather tired storyline at that.

Those are nice shelves though in the shelf obsessed. Every special edition of Samurai 7, that must have cost a pretty penny. Of course I've been buying every SE of Eureka 7 so far, though I honestly wasn't expecting them to have an SE with nearly every single volume. Thought it'd be more like every other one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bci110

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Wow, with all the negative comments here about Peach Girl, I'm kind of wondering why y'all are still watching.

The reason why I'm still watching it is because as I mentioned earlier, the storyline and character development are getting better with each episode. I also like the characters in this series, despite them being a little absent-minded/clueless at times, and the fact that Sae is such a scheming, conniving little bitch makes it more interesting to watch. It's not the greatest thing to come out this year, but it's not a bad show either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2