• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Shin Godzilla

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Flip Flapp... episode 3.... WHAT.THE.ACTUAL.HELL! They should rename it to "Mind-fudge, the episode". This was EoE levels... And I loved every single second of it. HEY! Dragon Ball Super! Look at those battles! Take notes, you jackass! That's how you do it!

Umm, the animators for the fight (Particularly after cocona and Papika henshin) were done by a toei animator, mostly of one piece, but he did do some dragon ball stuff.

Don't be ignorant of freelancers.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
OMG, Hollywood movies now are so unwilling to say or believe in anything, except the blandest platitudes (every CG kids movie that's all "believe in the power of your dreams!") or maybe a inclination towards environmental awareness (if not genuine activism), but that's pretty much it.

Well, we all watched the Independence Day sequel recently. Its main argumentative thrust was that the success of the military is more worthy of our concern than the lives of half of the world's population. As a political statement this is many things, though bland it is not. (The film itself certainly was, however.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Totally agree with the comment on American movies. I rarely ever go to a theater anymore because all these movies look so similar that I'm just not motivated to go, and the few times I have gone I was really disappointed ( with a few exceptions). I literally feel like I'm watching a writer just checking off a list as he makes the script. And the directors aren't much better.

I'm not saying that every single movie has to be 100% original, but I wish more would at least try to deviate from standard formula. But, in the end, it's still a business - they'd rather play it safe and make money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2