• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:59 am Reply with quote
Durararax2 Vol. 5
Escaflowne Collector's Edition (Kickstarter version)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Pre-ordered Lupin III: Operation Return the Treasure off Rightstuf.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
Dude, I don't know, I don't! I thought I didn't have a breaking point on that! But $27 bucks man, all of [b]Pokemon: Indigo League[[/b[! I mean, I know it's not really a good show (even as a child, I was still all about Digimon as a show, and since it has character development and an actually interesting plot, yeah, I still say it's better) but Jessie and James are still fun and awesome, even today, and I do have the nostalgia for it, so I broke down. At $27. I am slightly ashamed (but not as much as that time I bought all that used hentai as a gag bachelorette gift for my friend, and the guy in the next store is like "we';ll hold your bag back here" and I'm like "sure", and the look on his face was pretty hilarious. One of the hentai may have involved Nadia having sex with Naruto and Sasuke, just sayin')
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
Ordered from TRSI:
-----------------------------

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie Blu-ray...thank you, Discotek, for doing this one!!

Pre-ordered from Sentai Filmworks' online store:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Amagi Briliant Park Blu-ray standard edition (with free gift & free shipping, street 2/28/17)... I wanted the big fancy box-o'-crap, but could not justify $125 on a 13-ep show I'll likely only watch 1-2x because who has time to re-watch stuff... i don't even have time to WATCH stuff once, a lot of the time...
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Newcastle trip:

The Devil is a Part Timer novel 5
Blue Morning 6
Haikyuu 4
Kimi ni Todoke 25
Don't Be Cruel omnibus 2
Assassination Classroom 12
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
My library had another book sale over the weekend. We went on Sunday for their "Fill a bag of books for $4" special. I sadly didn't end up getting anything for myself, but my husband's collection grew by a lot! We found and walked away with:

Tuxedo Gin Vols. 1-12, 14-15
Yu Yu Hakusho Vols. 2, 6-9, 11-12

I also found the first volume of Shadow Star, which I ended up researching after the fact. I'm probably going to be tossing it into a Goodwill bag because it's incomplete and neither of us are too keen on the fact that in the later volumes had parts removed from it for its content. Eh. Not a big loss, since we got it for under $0.20. :p
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Those of you who read this thread may remember I posted a few weeks ago about buying all eight Maison Ikkoku sets from a seller. Well, I did a bit more business with the same fellow again today.

This time I got the entire Galaxy Angel franchise (except for Galaxy Angel Rune which, due to the ridiculously rare vol. 4, I don't ever expect to own): Galaxy Angel, Galaxy Angel A, Galaxy Angel AA, Galaxy Angel S, Galaxy Angel X and Galaxy Angel Z. I got all six sets for $50 CAD which is quite a good deal. Now, the thing is, I only needed X and Z. I already own the other four. But the price was so good, I snagged them anyway with the intent to sell them, along with a bunch of other (mostly) OOP titles that I have duplicates of.

From the same seller, I got the Seven of Seven DVD set for $10, the eight Chibi Vampire novels for $16, the first three Full Metal Panic! novels for $6, the four Azumanga Daioh manga volumes for $8 and the three Seven of Seven manga volumes for $5. Everything is in great condition, so these were all good prices.

With any kind of luck, I'll be able to sell my redundant Galaxy Angel titles for enough money to cover my $95 outlay. We'll see, I guess.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-

Are you planning on making this a new profession? If they are correct about the average person following anime for only two years, there must be a lot of people with stuff to get rid of who, like me, are too lazy to try to sell for the going price.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:02 pm Reply with quote
If only my career as a high end fashion model didn't interfere, Alan45...

But actually, if you know what you are doing, you can have a nice little sideline flipping titles. Especially, I assume, if you are willing to sell through Amazon and ebay.
lem

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote

Once upon a time I had considered doing just that. Amazon of course allows for a couple of ways of going about it. As a customer with a few things to sell or as a full blown reseller like Shawnek and Robert's (and both do very well at that). And naturally charge for this service accordingly (which was the sticking point for me, that and how time consuming this would be if I were to properly care for my customers).

I found and bought an art book at Amz JP for the Kino's franchise:
KUROBOSHI KOUHAKU the Beautiful World

EDIT: link added

Last edited by lem on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
@ lem - which is exactly why I intend to start with services like craigslist instead of going the amazon/ebay way. That way I don't have to deal with shipping at all.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quote
Shipping is easy, it is just time consuming. As long as you realize that shippers can destroy anything and plan accordingly it works out fine. My problem is that I don't want to deal with customers with buyer's remorse who claim they didn't get what they bought.

@Blood-
Some cities in the US are establishing "Safe Havens" for face to face transfers of goods bought and sold on line. Apparently some sellers were getting stabbed or shot instead of paid.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
Ha, we must have seen the same report on the news, Alan45. Yeah, I keep inviting female customers to meet me down in my sex dungeon, but for some weird reason they seem reluctant...

And yes, the buyer's remorse thing is the other factor scaring me off from amazon/ebay.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Picked up some seedy manga titles in the Icarus/FAKKU sale:

spoiler[A Body for Play
Swing Out Sisters
Welcome to Tokoharu Apartments
]

Last edited by Kruszer on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
PERV!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1259 of 1400