• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter x Hunter's Togashi Makes Appearance at Kochikame 40th Anniversary Bash

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Kinda remind me with the dude from Bakuman. The one that serialized Otter 11.
Valhern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:58 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
So which guy in the photo is Togashi if I may ask? They all seem to look like they're in good spirits, and I assumed from all the talk that Togashi had crippling back pain that severely hampers his work ethic, and that's why he only works on it when he feels like it. I'm not gonna roll over and die just because the man isn't bending over and giving people what they want, but I'm glad to see even the Japanese aren't afraid to ridicule and question his motives. It's his manga, so it is technically his business when it comes to what he wants and doesn't want to do, but you can't help but be suspicious about his agenda when he's not being open about it.

Togashi has already gone through operation for lower back pain, and that was actually his reason for the hiatus previous to this one. In my opinion this actual hiatus is purposely done to plan the chapters better, because compared to all others, he didn't take breaks once every few chapters and (IMO) he didn't have any particular art drop like other times, in fact he's gotten only better. He released 11 on a string, completing an unfinished volume and a new one. My take is that most others were a mix between lower back pain and planning his manga better.

He's the fourth guy from left to right, by the way.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I have nothing particularly interesting to say about this man, only hoping that he remained well and can kept his career going. I don't even know him personally either so there's no room to judge, not like I have any obligation to do so in the first place.
Heisei12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
HEY, CLINTON, GET BACK TO WORK!

Make me.

But in all honesty, part of what bothered me about his hiatus was that I thought he might be having mental health troubles. If he's out socializing, it could a good sign. For his health I mean, not the return of his manga.
Araki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:46 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
So which guy in the photo is Togashi if I may ask?

He's the one in the middle. the names are following the order, but yeah, maybe the news could be clearer about that.
Panoptican

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Seems like most everyone is pretty reasonable about this, but I have just one thing to add. An evening out is nowhere near as taxing as working on a serialized manga!
perroloco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
@Araki: The names aren't following the order, the only one I recognize is Kyosuke Usuta in the left, here's a pic of Usuta's wedding to compare, and Togashi in the middle.

I don't know about the others, though.
Larkan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:49 am Reply with quote
perroloco wrote:
@Araki: The names aren't following the order, the only one I recognize is Kyosuke Usuta in the left, here's a pic of Usuta's wedding to compare, and Togashi in the middle.

Kyosuke Usuta (Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san), Yudetamago Shimada (Kinnikuman), Hisashi Eguchi(STOP Hibari-kun), Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter X Hunter), Masanori Morita (Rookies), Shinji Hiramatsu (Black Angels), and Kontarō (Kaze ni Kiite Kure).
JDude042

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
Heisei12 wrote:
HEY, CLINTON, GET BACK TO WORK!

Make me.

I'd say that this is a good representation of Togashi and his work ethic. Laughing

"Mr. Togashi! Where are you?!"

Togashi: Go away!

"Sir, you barely work on your manga. Your fans want more chapters."

Togashi: I'm playing Idolmaster with Miura!

"You gotta get up and do what's expected of you!"

Togashi: Don't make me do stuff...!
Larkan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote
Larkan wrote:
perroloco wrote:

From the left.
Kyosuke Usuta (Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san), Yudetamago Shimada (Kinnikuman), Hisashi Eguchi(STOP Hibari-kun), Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter X Hunter), Masanori Morita (Rookies), Shinji Hiramatsu (Black Angels), and Kontarō (Kaze ni Kiite Kure).
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Even on this photo, Togashi doesn't look like he's energetic and he's more composed than most others on the photo. It's just one photo where he has to show his face in a positive light. Nobody wants to see a ill-looking guy posing with happy guys around.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
At least this hiatus is justifiable. However, Togashi could use some assistants to help get the chapters out more. That is, he pitches them the ideas and they do the chapters.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I saw the photo with the article and that reminded me of a British show that's currently on PBS. It's called "New Tricks" and it's about a bunch of retired police officers who work cold cases. If there's ever a Japanese version of this show,those guys would be perfect for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2