• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga Anime's English-Subtitled Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Shiemi and Shura. Smile
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:56 am Reply with quote
From the way it looks their gonna ignore the anime original ending completely and just adapt from the source material faithfully.That might confuse some people but i look forward to it.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
From the way it looks their gonna ignore the anime original ending completely and just adapt from the source material faithfully.That might confuse some people but i look forward to it.
well I mean the movie also ignored the anime original ending and that's probably not canon either (don't quote me on that one) so I feel like it was a given they would pretend those episodes didn't happen. I'm hoping Blue Exorcist is one of those shows that keeps coming back after ending over and over again like Gintama, because it's one series I can invest into (I didn't get far in the manga as you can tell)
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:27 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
well I mean the movie also ignored the anime original ending and that's probably not canon either (don't quote me on that one) so I feel like it was a given they would pretend those episodes didn't happen. I'm hoping Blue Exorcist is one of those shows that keeps coming back after ending over and over again like Gintama, because it's one series I can invest into (I didn't get far in the manga as you can tell)

I didn't count the movie cause with them you can insert them into any givin point in the timeline like the one piece or bleach movies. And unless they indicate that they're just gonna ignore it some might be confused with some of the dialog that happens threw-out this arc. Cause in terms of the manga everyone is still dealing with the fact that rin is the son of satan but in the anime they've already made peace with it but if it just starts up with everyone still hating and being scared of rin then it'll get confusing.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

They'll probably start with a recap episode set during Rin's trial.
Kitsune_Kun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

In order to actually adapt the arc they'd have to, just like how they did with Black Butler.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
Kitsune_Kun wrote:
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

In order to actually adapt the arc they'd have to, just like how they did with Black Butler.

It would be kind of weird, though, since the plot diverges in the middle of Episode 17. They would probably need some kind of recap episode that alters the episode's events.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1