• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Lagoon Manga Creator Rei Hiroe Plans 'Big New Dimension Project'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
ok but is he ever gonna finish Black Lagoon? I'm sure that's what everyone really cares about.
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
I'm starting to know how fans of Berserk feel.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
Mikasa_su_casa wrote:

and Hunter x Hunter...and Bastard...and Nana...and X/1999...
as far as we know,the guy is not sick or anything and has time and energy for a new project instead of working on his goddamn manga that he started out FOURTEEN YEARS AGO already...
Seriously,just pretend it ends on volume 9,it's a great point to treat as an ending,anyway.

Last edited by johnnysasaki on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote
Black Lagoon is one of those shows that do not really have an overlying plot so it can end anywhere and anytime.

However i am pissed off at this guy for not doing anything for these past few years and now he is working on a new project? show some respect to yours fans man.

Last edited by Thespacemaster on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batknight94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Black Lagoon is one of those shows that really have an overlying plot so it can end anywhere and anytime.

However i am pissed off at this guy for not doing anything for these past few years and now he is working on a new project? show some respect to yours fans man.

Yeah It's true that Black Lagoon doesn't really have any long, ongoing plots and doesn't really need a conclusive ending to anything. However if he doesn't have any other stories for it, it would be nice if he'd write a more conclusive ending for it just to give some closure for all the characters instead of leaving it on some random story line.

Last edited by Batknight94 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
anddo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:05 pm Reply with quote
God I wish he'd just make at least one more chapter.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Well if he going to give up on Black Lagoon he should just make a forced ending and put the 11th manga out to finished it once and for all
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind that Black Lagoon can remain on hiatus until the man has a new good story to tell.

As others mention, it's not exactly some long-arc driven thing. It's very episodic and could be written for into perpetuity.

But I'm the guy who buys the anime, so the manga stories are needed for there to be more.

I wonder if he could somehow get other writers or something on board to collaborate with him on new material for Black Lagoon.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Black Lagoon is one of those shows that do not really have an overlying plot so it can end anywhere and anytime.

Well, he's done something on all this years... But it's completely NFSW, of course. Because well, he's known hentai doujin artist.
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
I don't mind that Black Lagoon can remain on hiatus until the man has a new good story to tell.

As others mention, it's not exactly some long-arc driven thing. It's very episodic and could be written for into perpetuity.

That would have been true before volume 10 came out, but the problem now is that Rock and Revy have been stuck in a net cafe since 2013...
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Mikasa_su_casa wrote:
jdnation wrote:

That would have been true before volume 10 came out, but the problem now is that Rock and Revy have been stuck in a net cafe since 2013...

yeah,we are right in the middle of an arc that started in 2010,and it is still just barely in the beggining...
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry guys. The issue is being blessed by me.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I wish he would plan on finishing Black Lagoon. That would be nice.
TheJaceX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
Mikasa_su_casa wrote:

and Hunter x Hunter...and Bastard...and Nana...and X/1999...
as far as we know,the guy is not sick or anything and has time and energy for a new project instead of working on his goddamn manga that he started out FOURTEEN YEARS AGO already...
Seriously,just pretend it ends on volume 9,it's a great point to treat as an ending,anyway.

Let's not forget D.Gray-Man, H.O.T.D, and now a brand new hiatus on World Trigger, the pain train doesn't stop!

But if R.O.D can come back, I can believe in anything
Well maybe not Oniwaka to Ushiwaka, I should give up on that one.

Someone should start a gambling site where we all bet on which of these series will finish first.
OniTasku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:09 pm Reply with quote
In regards to Black Lagoon being on hiatus since 2014, that is slightly erroneous. At Hiroe's panel at Anime NEXT earlier this year, he stated that his publishing format for the series has changed. He is currently working on, and plans to continue working on the material until there is enough content to fill a volume. Once that is finished, he'll give the work to his publisher and they'll release the entire volume--this is due to his self-admitted lapses in consistency.

So while it is incredibly irregular, Black Lagoon is by no means on an indefinite hiatus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2