• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Fans Rank Most Attractive Black-Haired Female Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Swissman wrote:
For me, no black-haired female character can be more attactive than the G.o.a.t:

Madoka Ayukawa.

No one comes even close to her Embarassed

These fans have short memory for characters, like the oldest shows on the list are from 2008-2009. Well, Japan's culture is forever evervescent changing its whole outlook and fashions every decade or so and we looking from outside tend to take greater notice of the things in their past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Marcus Carr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Sango from InuYasha. Beautiful, badass, battle suit, big boomerang.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
^
...and let's not forget Kagome Higurashi, who can magically slam InuYasha into the ground by simply telling him to sit. Wink
JDude042

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
^
...and let's not forget Kagome Higurashi, who can magically slam InuYasha into the ground by simply telling him to sit. Wink

As someone who used to be a huge fan of the franchise, I gotta say that Kagome is pretty far from being my cup of tea, but I do think her Japanese voice actress Satsuki Yukino does amazing voice work.
Swissman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
These fans have short memory for characters, like the oldest shows on the list are from 2008-2009. Well, Japan's culture is forever evervescent changing its whole outlook and fashions every decade or so and we looking from outside tend to take greater notice of the things in their past.

While this is all true, I just happen to know the gal since I first saw Orange Road on french TV back in the past of 1992 .... Which makes me kind of old, I guess. Smile

@Alan45

Is it the Beach Queen red bikini version?
That's the only recent figure I find of her online. Looks really good, Imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JWagnesh8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
A third vote for Madoka Ayukawa, then. Very Happy I'm curious, though . . . Ayatsuji instead of Kaoru Tanamachi or Haruka Morishima?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:23 pm Reply with quote
@Swissman

Orange Bikini with white beach towel. I'll try to post a photo in the figures thread of the Anime Forum soon. I got it through preorder at the local comic shop.

Edit: here you go. http://www.rightstufanime.com/Madoka-Ayukawa-Heroine-Memories-Kimagure-Orange-Road-Figure
robertbaldie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:15 am Reply with quote
These lists inevitably can't please everyone (although I'm extremely happy to see Reina from H!E there Very Happy), so I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents and offer up the not-so-classically attractive Chizuru Hishiro from ReLIFE ^-^

She's perfection in my eyes.
That smile tho. Laughing
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
On the topic of hair color, the original Japanese site uses the kanji 黒, which translates as "black."
So unless it can also mean "dark" I think that any deviation from black must be a mistake by whoever created the poll, or the voters if write-in votes were allowed.

Another addition to my personal list would be Kanade Suzutsuki from Mayo Chiki!
She is attractive, assertive, funny, and deliciously sadistic.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
@Touma

I think part of the problem is that by anime convention black hair is frequently represented by shades of really dark purple or blue. Since these are colors not found in nature, it can be assumed they stand for black unless the character is not human or is likely to dye their hair.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3