• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer Shows Environments

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
I wish this Zelda would be available on PS4 as well. It just seems like it would benefit from a more powerful graphics machine than Nintendo currently provides.

That and I own a PS4 and would rather not buy a counsel for the sake of just one game.
SniperRuleZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:10 am Reply with quote
rofl, might as well wish that every single game is on PC and that console never exists.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:24 am Reply with quote
Of course there's the mandatory "Nintendo should go third party" comment.

Some people still don't realize that Nintendo prioritizes style over pure, technical realism. Having a PS4 port of a game developed with a console like the Wii U in mind wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:29 am Reply with quote
WAS THAT LINKLE??????
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
WAS THAT LINKLE??????
I'm pretty sure that was Zelda.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:42 am Reply with quote
Point I was making is that this Zelda is very different form all other Zelda games because it is a really RPG with many routes to take and the world they build has a lot of Graphic prowess that the Nintendo consoles can't tap into because of their limited processing capabilities.

About the whole hoping it comes to PC, I know it will come to PC because all games do, be it officially of by fan intervention, they make it onto PC. The same thing isn't true for other consoles like the PS4. You need an official release to play it, where as you can download the emulator and game on a PC and play it regardless if it is available on PC or not. That is how people play GTA5 on PC.

Also, I have a Gaming PC, Gaming laptop and a PS4. I like playing on my PS4 because the controller gives me a more laid back (leisure) atmosphere/approach to gaming. I can lay in my bed and play a game on my TV vs. having to sit in a chair and play the game on a monitor with a keyboard and mouse. It the convenience of it not the merit of overall performance I'm after when comparing consoles to PCs.

That said, the PS4 boasts the highest performance capabilities of the current consoles and I feel that this game would fit the PS4 very well in that respect. I know that Nintendo owns and holds a lock on their franchises but even Microsoft released Halo on PlayStation so I hope this could be a same kind of deal somewhere down the line.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:48 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Point I was making is that this Zelda is very different form all other Zelda games because it is a really RPG with many routes to take and the world they build has a lot of Graphic prowess that the Nintendo consoles can't tap into because of their limited processing capabilities.

About the whole hoping it comes to PC, I know it will come to PC because all games do, be it officially of by fan intervention, they make it onto PC. The same thing isn't true for other consoles like the PS4. You need an official release to play it, where as you can download the emulator and game on a PC and play it regardless if it is available on PC or not. That is how people play GTA5 on PC.

Also, I have a Gaming PC, Gaming laptop and a PS4. I like playing on my PS4 because the controller gives me a more laid back (leisure) atmosphere/approach to gaming. I can lay in my bed and play a game on my TV vs. having to sit in a chair and play the game on a monitor with a keyboard and mouse. It the convenience of it not the merit of overall performance I'm after when comparing consoles to PCs.

That said, the PS4 boasts the highest performance capabilities of the current consoles and I feel that this game would fit the PS4 very well in that respect. I know that Nintendo owns and holds a lock on their franchises but even Microsoft released Halo on PlayStation so I hope this could be a same kind of deal somewhere down the line.
Halo has never gone to PlayStation and never will.
ew121

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote
I didn't know videogames were anime.

Also nice cinematic 15 fps nintendo.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
SniperRuleZ wrote:
rofl, might as well wish that every single game is on PC and that console never exists.

No thanks. Consoles are so much easier to deal with. I have a Wii U, and thus I will be able to play Zelda BotW. No worries about needing to upgrade my parts, and hoping that if I did they would run the game properly, which is a gamble in of itself with PC I've found.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:24 am Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:
I didn't know videogames were anime.

ANN reports on practically anything Japanese and tangentially related to anime. Zelda definitely has the aesthetic down. This type of comment is almost as prevalent as the ones that complain about IGN posting about anything other than video games.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
God, that piano music really sold it to me.

Nyren wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
WAS THAT LINKLE??????
I'm pretty sure that was Zelda.

And I await for glorious speculations from here until the next trailer and all follow-up speculations of what purpose does that mysterious woman play. Cool

I hope she's a playable companion for Link.
Freelance_Philosopher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I dunno...
Doesn't look bad,
but doesn't look great, either.
I really hoped Nin would can the whole painted/illustrated style by now. It's never done anything for me. (Skyward Sword, for instance, looked straight-up terrible.)
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:

Halo has never gone to PlayStation and never will.

Okay, nvm, I remember owning and playing Halo on PS2 but it must have been some sort of bootleg then.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

Okay, nvm, I remember owning and playing Halo on PS2 but it must have been some sort of bootleg then.

That or it may have been Killzone......which one still wouldn't have been able to mistake for a Halo game.

Jayhosh wrote:

ANN reports on practically anything Japanese and tangentially related to anime. Zelda definitely has the aesthetic down. This type of comment is almost as prevalent as the ones that complain about IGN posting about anything other than video games.

Yeah these trolls are starting to get super annoying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1