• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
That Anime DVD/Video Game Sale Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:

I could make an order but I still do not see any indication of when the sale will end, so it is possible that I might miss it.

Apparently they said the 27th on their twitter.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Apparently they said the 27th on their twitter.

Thank you for that information.
Now I can wait to see what the Sentai sale does on Friday before I need to decide about making an order.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
Amazon's Black Friday sale includes some anime.
They seem to be using the Japanese definition of "anime" and applying it to all animation, but there is a lot of Japanese animation included.

I have not really looked through it yet to see if there are any really good deals.

EDIT: I have now looked through the sale and did not find anything for me.
Some of the prices do look good, but some are absurd. Such as the Xenosaga S.A.V.E. edition for $75! How is that a Black Friday deal?
I also noticed that they have two or three different releases for some things, such as the Bleach and Inuyasha season sets, with prices ranging from reasonably cheap to ridiculously expensive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Sentai did add 180 items to their sale today, but I cannot find a way to see just the new items.

Well, I do have time to kill so I will probably slog through all 13 pages, just in case there is a really good deal in there.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
today's sale is good
the first few days was mostly clearance stuff
I dont think I've ever spent 1000$ in a single day on anime
my honey is going to kill me so bad next month, lol...
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
As others have mentioned it seems odd to me that there is no thread for the Right Stuf holiday sale. Actually there have been no new sale threads from Right Stuf for nearly a month now.

The reason that I mention this is because I cannot find anything on the Right Stuf site or in the email that they have been sending to me that tells me when the sale is going to end.
Previous holiday sales have lasted until the end of the year, but with all of the changes that came with the new site I cannot count on that being true this year. One of those changes seems to be a reluctance to let us know when sales will end.

I have not been very impressed with the prices in this sale compared to previous holiday sales, but I still found almost enough to made free shipping.

Since it is a "holiday" sale it should be safe to assume that it will last through Christmas, but I really do not feel safe assuming anything about Right Stuf anymore.

If the information is available and I just missed it then I apologize to Right Stuf.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the lack of end dates has been a real bummer since the site redesign. (Also for the love of God let me stay logged in!) I agree that a lot of the prices aren't super impressive either: most titles seem to be marked down to 50%, but with a normal 40% sale and a Got Anime! membership you're saving 46%, so unless you're buying in super-bulk you're only netting a few bucks. There's still some good stuff scattered in there though. Without a firm ending date I'd probably recommend putting in an initial order now if you have enough must-buys to rate free shipping.

Also in case it hasn't been mentioned, FUNi's store has several bundles with some pretty substantial discounts. All of Hellsing Ultimate for $60 snagged me.
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Without a firm ending date I'd probably recommend putting in an initial order now if you have enough must-buys to rate free shipping.

I am not quite there, but if I include one that I sort of want I can make it.
I think that I will wait and see what happens tomorrow. Then I will probably make a Right Stuf order.

Quote:
Also in case it hasn't been mentioned, FUNi's store has several bundles with some pretty substantial discounts. All of Hellsing Ultimate for $60 snagged me.

There are some good deals there, but the only one that is of interest to me is Yu Yu Hakusho for $70. That is less than 64 cents per episode, on Blu-ray.
It has been so long since I watched it that I am not certain that I want to spend $70, but I am definitely considering it.

Thanks for the tip.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
I wonder if there are going to be 21 days of the sale to line up with the 21 Klues.

The minions aren't as active on this site anymore. They do seem to be more active on the Fandom Post forums, but more members over there tend to ask them questions or give them feedback. WTK is also not as active here, but he has mod privileges over there and has always been more active on that site so it makes sense.

I don't care as much for the lack of dates for sales either - I prefer being able to plan vs. impulse purchases. I think on rightstuf's end it helps them not have to deal with an influx of last second orders - without a knowledge of the end date people order while they can so that they don't miss out. I can understand that reasoning and I respect them for making working conditions easier, if that is the reason.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote
Funimation finally added more to their sale.
I think that the new items are almost all merchandise, rather than anime.
There are a lot of various Dragon Ball sets that might not have been there before.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The minions aren't as active on this site anymore.

we now live in the entitlement generation
most of the users on this forum are older or don't even live in america

anyway, I got my batch order from sentai films
and it was shipped from anime distribution center Grimes, IA
lmfao
thats the rightstuf warehouse, sentai is located in houston
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote
@potatochobit

If you look at the response cards in Sentai releases you will notice that they go to TRSI as well. When you think about it, if you don't feel comfortable handling retail sales it makes sense to outsource to someone who is very good at it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
Well, Day 17 of TRSI's holiday sale. One of my disappointments is that I don't think any Discotek/Eastern Star titles have been put on sale.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
Not sure if it's worth getting, but Valvrave is actually at a reasonable price now. Might actually purchase an Aniplex title. Not sure how I feel about that :p
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, Day 17 of TRSI's holiday sale. One of my disappointments is that I don't think any Discotek/Eastern Star titles have been put on sale.

there is the option to sort by publisher on the website. You're mostly right. Discotek isn't listed and today* there are only Three Eastern Star releases, Getter-Robo Armageddon, Night on the Galactic Railroad, and today's Mega Deal for Hana Yori Dango. So, unless they get another, it's back to two tomorrow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 56 of 61