• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Volume 1 release of That Wolf Boy is Mine! needs to be updated to be an eBook. It also should have an exclamation at the end to match formatting of the other volumes.

Title updates for Nisekoi - False Love
- Volume 16: Look-Alike
- Volume 17: Mistress

Sacred Blacksmith, Volume 10's release date needs to be updated as it has been pushed back - Source

[done]
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it was an anime/manga thing, but before this afternoon, the skimmer was rejecting Barnes and Noble URLs left and right. Hopefully it was really fixed (testing suggests it was just a fluke, dang.) Also, I have been noticing that the on-series-page lowest price is not updating, even if they are displayed correctly on the release's page (maybe just an issue with how the APIs are reporting the sale prices.)

That said, time to clear the open issues:
One Piece omnibus 18 needs the "Sabaody" arc title added.
A Certain Magical Index volume 10 needs the title corrected to include the leading "A"
My Love Story!! volume 9 is missing the exclamation marks needed to sort correctly.
Akihabara @ Deep volume 5 needs the spaces added between words in the title, so it sorts correctly.
Tokyo Ghoul volumes 11 and 12 need to be included in the group.
Monter Hunter: Flash Hunter volumes 2, and 4-7 need to be added to the group.
Pokémon Advanced set 2 needs the Dub tag, if that's what is causing it to not sort properly.
Infinite Stratos 2 BD needs to be linked to the two OVAs
Dystopia from Yen Press needs to be disambiguated from the series/volume released by CPM.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes volume 2 needs to be dropped down with the regular novels.
The first Attack on Titan movie (Region A) should have the Sub tag removed, and changed to a regular BD/DVD combo, as it was dubbed.

Finally,on the topic of the Attack on Titan movies, should the End of the World novel that came out last month from Vertical be added to one/both of the movie page[s], or will that adaptation (covers both movies) get a separate page?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Also, I have been noticing that the on-series-page lowest price is not updating, even if they are displayed correctly on the release's page (maybe just an issue with how the APIs are reporting the sale prices.)

Can you give me an example?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Taboo Tattoo volume 1 (*phew* didn't take long to find one.) Series page shows a price of $13.00 but release page shows the best price of $9.74 at TRSi (in fact, none of the stores are charging full-list.)

Screen shot
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Dystopia from Yen Press needs to be disambiguated from the series/volume released by CPM.

Normally the release date would disambiguate re-releases, but these aren't even the same title; they have different authors.

I assume the Judith Park one is a Manhwa like manga#10031. Or not... she's German and as far as I can tell Dystopia was first serialized in a German-language magazine so it isn't even OEL Anime dazed

Quote:

Do you have anything that confirms the Long Vacation OVA? The belly band only mentions one OVA, "World Purge".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
Need TRSI description and to be labeled sub-only.
release#32584
release#32583 -Title needs changing to "Little Busters! EX - Complete Collection"

The TRSI listing says "Spoken Language: English, Japanese" and the pictured rear cover backs this up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Quote:

Do you have anything that confirms the Long Vacation OVA? The belly band only mentions one OVA, "World Purge".

Nope. I had figured it was a difference in translation for the title, as some store descriptions say it contains OVAs, (plural, so it made sense.) However, taking another look at the band, there is just the one column of features rather than two, so Infinite Wedding must be something without a page.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
Infinite Wedding is a "picture drama" (basically an audio drama with a slideshow) so it wouldn't have a page.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Quote:

It's mentioned in the extras, it's the extended version of episode 1 that was on Volume 1 of the JP singles which is already on the Sentai DVD release.
Quote:
Infinite Stratos 2 Premium Edition contains episodes 1-13 of season 2 plus a chipboard box, translation insert, booklet, Infinite Wedding Picture Drama, and One Summer's Memories.
http://www.rightstufanime.com/Infinite-Stratos-2-Premium-Edition-Blu-ray-Box-Set
Shiroi Hane wrote:
BigOnAnime wrote:
Need TRSI description and to be labeled sub-only.
release#32584
release#32583 -Title needs changing to "Little Busters! EX - Complete Collection"

The TRSI listing says "Spoken Language: English, Japanese" and the pictured rear cover backs this up.
Yeah, I mistakenly thought it was sub-only.

Noticing many of these from my past posts still haven't been done, seeing some from others around the same time frame as well.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4817891#4817891 -Reminder about that Fate/kaleid OVA
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4822912#4822912 -Second section doesn't need fixing except for Overlord and Omamori Himari (it's missing the dash)
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4829619#4829619

Anyway, onto more needing corrections.

The Ergo Proxy DVD/CD Combo Pack version of Ergo Proxy Volume 1 is indeed a Best Buy exclusive. I recently bought it from RightStuf and it has that sticker on it, so this is stock that was liquidated. It also needs the release date to be changed to 11/21/2006 (which is when the other two versions of V1 came out), and the MSRP to be changed to $44.98 per RightStuf.
http://i.imgur.com/u0qjauD.jpg

Needs to be added manually.
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt 4K Blu-ray Import anime#17825 (Not sure how this will work as it's not a regular Blu-ray.)

Volume number needs to be changed to a 2.
release#31770

The DVD and Blu-ray Ultimate Collections for The World God Only Knows need to also be linked to the following entries and need their TRSI description. Also the Blu-ray one needs to be moved to Region A.
anime#12375
anime#15334
anime#13200
anime#14907
anime#15378

This release of Maria the Virgin Witch needs to have "Textless Opening & Closing Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers" added to the extras listing per the back cover.
release#31526

The Anime Classics combo pack for Gunslinger Girl needs to have its extras added per the back cover. There might be some things the Amazon listing isn't listing, which is the following below.
Quote:
Building Henrietta
Building Rico
Meet the Real Gunslinger Girls (Henrietta, Claes, Angelica, Rico, Triela)
“Simbiosi” Production Commentary
“Simbiosi” Voice Director Commentary
Dossiers (Henrietta, Claes, Angelica, Rico, Triela)
Textless Opening Song - ""The Light Before We Land""
Textless Closing Song - ""Dopo Il Sogno""
Trailers
release#31318

Both volumes for Erased and the first part of Kizumonogatari need their packaging shots to replace the placeholder cover images.
release#31625 Volume 1 Packaging Shot
release#31626 Volume 2 Packaging Shot
release#32022 Kizumonogatari Part 1 Packaging Shot

The DVD and Blu-ray for The Garden of Words need the following added to the description for special features per the back covers.
Quote:
Japanese Commentary, Interviews, Storyboards, English Production Stills, Garden of Words Japanese Trailer, The Works of Makoto Shinkai
There are more releases that need corrections (just added a bunch again), but I'll post about those later. Something rather annoying is I DM'd Dan about the release scraper problem with RightStuf (as I didn't want to bump this thread again and have nothing happen), and it seems according to him RightStuf is now unscrapeable because it's a java-script-only website now. So AoA, Ponycan USA, and NISA (if they do anything again) releases and descriptions will have to probably be added manually again unless they changed something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:57 pm Reply with quote
The following manga titles have been licensed so they can be marked as "True" to be bolded:
7th Garden
Everyone's Getting Married
(The) Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún
How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon King
In/Spectre
Liselotte & Witch's Forest
Magia the Ninth
(The) Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth
Sweetness & Lightning
(The) Testament of Sister New Devil
That Wolf-Boy Is Mine!
Wandering Island
Yona of the Dawn
FoxgloveLove

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
A few manga series have been releasing titles that aren't showing up in the encyclopedia entries. I tried adding Natsume Yuujinchou GN 20, and it says it's there, but it's not. Same goes for One-Punch Man GN 11.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Index novel 12 is missing an A in the beginning of the title.

Log Horizon Novel 7 and Novel 8 need their subtitles added.

Bakemonogatari Novel 2 and Novel 3 need their release dates updated

Nisemonogatari Novel 1 and Novel 2 need to both be in the novels category and renamed to "NISEMONOGATARI: Fake Tale"
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 am Reply with quote
Release year needs to be changed to 2017.
release#31626

Date needs to be changed to 2/28/2017.
release#32667

Needs to be moved to Blu-ray (Region A).
release#33589

Needs to be moved to Blu-ray (Region A) and the cover needs fixing. Take the image from Amazon?
release#33587

Title needs fixing and to be changed to a combo pack release.
release#32980

Needs to be changed to a sub-only combo pack, needs "Original TV Series" added as a subtitle per the final cover, and needs TRSI description.
release#32298

Need to be changed to combo packs.
release#33574
release#33575
release#33590
release#33595

Needs to be changed to dub-only.
release#33591

Need to be changed to sub-only.
release#33570
release#31855 -Needs TRSI description.
release#33571
release#33572
release#32885
release#32886
release#33015
release#33017
release#33018
release#33576
release#33584
release#33585
release#33586
release#33596
release#33597
release#33602
release#33601
release#33603
release#33605
release#33607 -For some reason I can't get the TRSI link to work on this one.
release#33606

Need to be added manually.
anime#14950 https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/attack-on-titan-complete-season-one-bddvd-combo-funcom-exclusive-bld-00357/
anime#5895 http://www.rightstufanime.com/Galaxy-Railways-OVA-DVD
anime#843 http://www.rightstufanime.com/Key-the-Metal-Idol-DVD
anime#16822 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6NDUH3
anime#2113 http://www.rightstufanime.com/Babel-II-OVA-DVD
anime#894 http://www.rightstufanime.com/Horus-Prince-of-the-Sun-Blu-Ray
anime#1094 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVBQMK5

TRSI URL has to be added manually as it's a GWP listing, so "gwp" is at the end of the URL. There is no separate listing for this atm.
release#33579 http://www.rightstufanime.com/Hunter-X-Hunter-Set-2-Blu-ray-GWP

Needs to also be linked to this.
release#33569

Needs to also be linked to the movie and the OVA.
release#33600
release#33599

Needs to be labeled as a sub-only combo pack, and to also be linked to the OVA.
release#33577
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
FoxgloveLove wrote:
A few manga series have been releasing titles that aren't showing up in the encyclopedia entries. I tried adding Natsume Yuujinchou GN 20, and it says it's there, but it's not. Same goes for One-Punch Man GN 11.

I just added Natsume's Book of Friends (GN 20) using the wizard with no issues. One-Punch Man (GN 11) likewise, so I don't know what the problem you had was.

Double Mangekyo wrote:
Index novel 12 is missing an A in the beginning of the title.

That would be me sorry. When adding a release manually it leaves out "the" and "a" etc., and I don't always notice to fill it in. Fixed.

Quote:
Log Horizon Novel 7 and Novel 8 need their subtitles added.

Done.

Quote:
Bakemonogatari Novel 2 and Novel 3 need their release dates updated

Done.

Quote:
Nisemonogatari Novel 1 and Novel 2 need to both be in the novels category and renamed to "NISEMONOGATARI: Fake Tale"

Not that this title is unlikely given the precedence, but of the retailers in our database none are using that as the title nor do any have cover art yet, there's no page for it on the Vertical site yet, and in their news page they refer to it only as "NISEMONOGATARI".
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Not that this title is unlikely given the precedence, but of the retailers in our database none are using that as the title nor do any have cover art yet, there's no page for it on the Vertical site yet, and in their news page they refer to it only as "NISEMONOGATARI".

That may be but if you look at the description for Novel 3 here it ends with:
Quote:
—before the story continues with a Fake Tale…

That's why I suggested NISEMONOGATARI: Fake Tale.
Heck, the first novel's description right here says it even: release#33286

And I just checked and the Bake release dates still need work (Novel 2 - Feb 28 / Novel 3 - April 25)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 38 of 43