• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Details Revealed For 2 Upcoming Bleach Novels

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
Much rather prefer a story on how spoiler[Ichigo X Orihime] happened. Interested in the Shuhei story.

Quote:
Bleach: WE DO (knot) ALWAYS LOVE YOU

There we go.
Paul D. Atreides

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
Can someone please explain to me why they started putting colour filters on the book covers since the Blood-War arc began?

Why not just let the art stand on its own like they did before? Why put a splash of purple on Rukia, or blue on Äs Nödt, or red on Renji?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
Paul D. Atreides wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why they started putting colour filters on the book covers since the Blood-War arc began?

I expect it is a marketing move, to make each one more distinct from the other from a distance.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
That title is amazing, ha. My guess is Rukia gets cold feet temporarily...

I wish the novels would get adpated for TV like Naruto likes to do; it's the best excuse to bring the show back, if only for a moment, and promote the live-action film. Still plenty of time. And then you notice the trend of anime that ended prematurely making six-year comebacks(FMA, Soul Eater, InuYasha, tiny snippets of Reborn!) Still time...
Dextres

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Sweet!

Now to wait for the translations of both novels to read them.
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Quote:
Bleach: WE DO (knot) ALWAYS LOVE YOU

There we go.

You, I like you.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Always thought Rukia and Ichigo had a thing for each other. So Orihime and Ichigo have a thing in the end then? Are these novels actually canon?

Im still hoping Bleach will get a final anime adaption. Kinda sucks that the story isnt finished. yea i know bleach till episode 60 was top notch then it went downhill. i still thought it was pretty entertaining though. But anyway. for the sake of completing the full story i want them to adapt the last arc.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
That title is amazing, ha. My guess is Rukia gets cold feet temporarily...

I wish the novels would get adpated for TV like Naruto likes to do; it's the best excuse to bring the show back, if only for a moment, and promote the live-action film. Still plenty of time. And then you notice the trend of anime that ended prematurely making six-year comebacks(FMA, Soul Eater, InuYasha, tiny snippets of Reborn!) Still time...
well in Soul Eater's case they adapted a different manga, but a final act for Bleach would be great, they could even fill in some of the stuff Kubo couldn't put in do to Jump rushing him.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Always thought Rukia and Ichigo had a thing for each other. So Orihime and Ichigo have a thing in the end then? Are these novels actually canon?

Im still hoping Bleach will get a final anime adaption. Kinda sucks that the story isnt finished. yea i know bleach till episode 60 was top notch then it went downhill. i still thought it was pretty entertaining though. But anyway. for the sake of completing the full story i want them to adapt the last arc.
not an Ichihime shipper but Rukia and Ichigo's relationship was just a friendship and mutual respect
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

not an Ichihime shipper but Rukia and Ichigo's relationship was just a friendship and mutual respect

Kubo said the last chapter was 100% what he wanted to do since the beginning. Anything that doesn't feel right is probably due to either his shortcomings as a writer or due to jump rushing him.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The story will reveal more details about the four noble families, the Soul King, Arrancar, and Fullbringers.

So basically all the world-building that Kubo wasn't competent enough to do himself?
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
theNightster wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

Kubo said the last chapter was 100% what he wanted to do since the beginning. Anything that doesn't feel right is probably due to either his shortcomings as a writer or due to jump rushing him.
wrong comment
ew121

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
In the one-shot there's 3 relevant characters, Ichigo, Rukia and Orihime, Rukia teases Ichigo for liking Orihime and Ichigo acts tsundere about it

Kubo's editor said in JUMP police that Orihime is a "heroine" character while Rukia is a "nakama" character.

Kubo said several times over the years that Bleach is not a romance manga so when people asked him about pairings he said that they should just focus on the fights and characters because that's what Bleach is about.

Anyone that thinks Rukia and Ichigo liked each other has probably only watched the anime that was FULL of fillers with Ichigo and Rukia(even in canon episoes) while cutting interactions between Orihime and Ichigo. Either that or you've never read shonen manga before

Last edited by ew121 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Kinda hope these books take off and we get a few more detailing all the loose ends. Happy Bleach is still going and not fully dead~
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
well in Soul Eater's case they adapted a different manga, but a final act for Bleach would be great, they could even fill in some of the stuff Kubo couldn't put in do to Jump rushing him.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the 2nd half of Huecdo Mundo and the Fullbring arcs or things like character relationships not being properly developed, was do to Kubo being rushed to finish them. Not because Kubo dropped the ball or simply got lazy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2