• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Haikyu!! 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Quote:
and both Hinata and Daisuke find that their legs just aren't quite working the way they want them to.

Did you mean Daichi?

Egawa wasn't bad as Ukai but definitely needs a bit more gruffness in his voice. I agree with the reviewer's points on this. Makes me all the more glad that Tanaka was able to say Ukai's "shita wo mukun da janee" line last week. It would've been even more devastating had he left us before that. RIP.

You gotta admit he has a Daisuke face xD
But yeah, it's Sawamura Daichi.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:10 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
crosswithyou wrote:
Quote:
and both Hinata and Daisuke find that their legs just aren't quite working the way they want them to.

Did you mean Daichi?

Egawa wasn't bad as Ukai but definitely needs a bit more gruffness in his voice. I agree with the reviewer's points on this. Makes me all the more glad that Tanaka was able to say Ukai's "shita wo mukun da janee" line last week. It would've been even more devastating had he left us before that. RIP.

You gotta admit he has a Daisuke face xD
But yeah, it's Sawamura Daichi.

KK. that line will be fix'd.
synaia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:55 am Reply with quote
And there's also Tanaka who was pounding his legs,

Last edited by synaia on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:42 am Reply with quote
Tanaka and Daichi (offcourt) both pounded their tired legs, but Hinata beat his leg like a drum with both fists and called it a jerk after he just couldn't move to block a point he could see coming (about 18 min in). Tanaka told him to forgive it. Very Happy
synaia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:45 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Tanaka and Daichi (offcourt) both pounded their tired legs, but Hinata beat his leg like a drum with both fists and called it a jerk after he just couldn't move to block a point he could see coming (about 18 min in).

Hmmm must have missed that but yeah I've rechecked and you're right.
edited my previous message to reflect on that.
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:45 am Reply with quote
This was such a crazy season. Loved the finale. Thanks for the reviews!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
There's a wonderful parallel to their first major disappointment in the victory dinner after the awards ceremony

I also really liked how the principal, like a soccer player after a goal, was twirling his toupee over his head, in a nice circle back to the second episode of the franchise. Smile

It was really strange, when they won. I had this brief moment of thinking it was too bad Kazunari Tanaka didn't get to see them win, like he was a character in the series. I guess that's a measure of how real he made Ukai for me.

Special training camp for one player on a team seems like it could really throw off the balance and teamwork. Can't wait to see how it actually works out. 'Cause I'm sure there will be more. Smile
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quote
I really loved this season which was a testament to Haikyuu because I often get bored when it's just straight game after game in a sports series. And this was even just one team the entire time. But I just felt I was there with them so much heart pounding action and character growth on the court, especially for Tsukishima a character I hadn't really cared about all that much previously.

Well done Haikyuu well done. And thank you for ending in a way to show me there will be more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3