• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tatami Galaxy Staff Return for Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so this was the anime project that Masaaki Yuasa was hinting awhile ago. Can't wait, the preview, visual, and premise already has my interest Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, thats hype af.
Now the waiting will be horrible. Neutral
Imitosis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I've been waiting with quite a bit of anticipation for Yuasa to formally announce a new project and it seems like it was worth the wait. I'm a massive Tatami Galaxy fan (and a fan of the anime adaptation of Morimi's Eccentric Family) so this is better than I could have imagined. I hope this gets an English theatrical release at some point.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic, though it reminds of how, for some reason, The Tatami Galaxy doesn't have a US physical media release, or even licensor.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:
Fantastic, though it reminds of how, for some reason, The Tatami Galaxy doesn't have a US physical media release, or even licensor.

Pretty sure Funimation is the licensor they have just never released it on DVD. You can (or at least could) stream it on their site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:34 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:

It's licensed in Australia. If you have an all region player you can order it from Siren Visual here

That aside, I'm looking forward to viewing the new film.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I watched tatami galaxy and loved it. Does this have anything to do with that story? Is it a sequel ? Was just wondering Cus a lot of the characters from tatami are returning if so then did they change the voice of the Main male lead? He was awesome
John Thacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
John Thacker wrote:

It's licensed in Australia. If you have an all region player you can order it from Siren Visual here.

I do have an all region player but I got the recent UK BD release. Actually installed my hardware mod just for TG, since my previous mod did DVDs and I only had Region 2 DVDs, but no B or C BDs.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Brand wrote:
John Thacker wrote:

Pretty sure Funimation is the licensor they have just never released it on DVD. You can (or at least could) stream it on their site.

With them ramping up their sub-only releases,I hope release (considering they take the time to dub and release a blu-ray of a terrible show like Garo:Crimson Moon).

Nice to finally see the film Masaaki Yuasa was taking about a year ago!
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Much as I would love to see The Tatami Galaxy put on BD for release in the US home video market I believe 1 of the sales people connected with Funi was presented with this idea and he said sales were so poor that physical release wasn't a likelihood.

And too bad that. As others have posted above I also have a hard copy of The Tatami Galaxy from the folks in AU just to have it for eventual enjoyment if I ever get a gadget over here that can display it.

This demo will have me looking forward to this bit of imaginative creativity. Can't wait.
rtil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
this + the 2nd season to eccentric family is just more good news from great source material. no better director than yuasa for this project as well
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! Finally, another work from Yuasa! Very Happy
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Masaaki Yuasa

*adds immediately to plan to watch list*
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Please get this, Funimation...maybe then you can test the waters for Tatami Galaxy.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:31 am Reply with quote
Brand wrote:
John Thacker wrote:

I'm 99% sure they said they don't have the home video license for it, just the streaming license.

Errinundra wrote:
John Thacker wrote:

It's licensed in Australia. If you have an all region player you can order it from Siren Visual here

That aside, I'm looking forward to viewing the new film.

I now own this show twice(the AUZ DVDs and the JP BDs), and will probably be getting the UK release, as it's the first English friendly release on Blu-ray.. the lengths to which I go for my favorite shows... Still hoping for a US BD release at some point though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2