• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Pokémon I Choose You! Film Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlinks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I saw the announcement live on Oha Suta and I literally was flippin' out! I'm super stoked for this!
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Better than having the first movie of the generation be the two box legendaries and the first mythical pokemon starring for the fourth time in a row. We don't have that many legendaries in this gen unless they make an ultra beast movie or something.

penguintruth wrote:

Animechic420 wrote:

What'll make this even more nostalgic is if they got Veronica Taylor to voice Ash.

This. So much this.

x3.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Now this is going to be a great Pokémon movie quite possibly the best one in years. I can't wait. Very Happy
lumcolette2006

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
What'll make this even more nostalgic is if they got Veronica Taylor to voice Ash.

Why would they cast an American woman in a Japanese anime?

Detective Conan's Episode One was fun. This Pocket Monsters Episode One will be fun too. I wonder if Naruto or One Piece wll ever do one.

He/She is probably referring to the English Dub if this movie gets licensed in America that is.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear. I didn't like Pokemon's 20th Anniversary. It was clear time after time that most of the TCG/merchandise (and elements of the game) were targeted at people who don't even play anymore, which is insulting to their loyal fanbase. This sounds like an opportunity to somehow make 2017 similar to this, so I'm hoping that's not the case, because if you didn't like the first generation in 2016, you'd be crap out of luck.

Lord Oink wrote:
Why would they cast an American woman in a Japanese anime?

She voiced Ash in the English dub. She's since been replaced with a voice completely devoid of emotion since the D/P anime. Which is strange, considering in interviews she's expressed interest in returning.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:21 pm Reply with quote
1. The dub has always been devoid of emotion, let's not act like 4Kids was a better company.
2. The voice change was a contract/cost issue. It'll get the TPCI dub voices for the characters and still be considered nostalgic since those voices haven't been heard in ages. They're not going to suddenly abandon the established voices to pull in a bunch of unknowns to appease a small minority.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:26 pm Reply with quote
lumcolette2006 wrote:
He/She is probably referring to the English Dub if this movie gets licensed in America that is.

Lostlorn Forest wrote:
She voiced Ash in the English dub. She's since been replaced with a voice completely devoid of emotion since the D/P anime. Which is strange, considering in interviews she's expressed interest in returning.

Unsurprisingly, the both of you missed the point of Lord Oink's comment since you decided to reply to it when the answer is in your face. Laughing
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Edo the Light wrote:
This looks good and it doesn't look like it has the animation from Sun & Moon either.

I'll definitely be watching it then!

Another ignorant post thinking that Sun and Moon's animation is shit.

Good Job man.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Remake the whole Kanto series in movie form~ I'd buy that Smile
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I've watched a Pokemon movie since the second or third one but this one I may have to catch in theaters! I wouldn't be surprised if it were packed with people in the 30s who've come back for the nostalgia.

The trailer's cute. Love Pikachu's "Me?"-like "pika" at the end.

And yes, if this is going to be dubbed, it has to be Veronica Taylor. And Eric Stuart. And Rachel Lillis.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
damn i feel old and i'm 18
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
This is cool, but my personal dream Pokémon movie would involve a new character teaming up with all of the game protagonists to fight a Team.
Sayuri Lapis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote
If this is going to be a new movie, then I hope it will have a different continuity to the show (Aka Ash growing up). Am I the only one that got the feels from the theme song?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
If The Pokémon Company decides to make an English version of I Choose You, I wonder how will they handle the cast (particularly Ash)?
cloudthe23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I really feel that Sun & Moon is going to be Satoshi/Ash final series as the MC, I haven't played the game only watch the anime and Alola doesn't have a Pokemon league it has the trials with the kahunas, so while Satoshi/Ash is going trough the trials they'll make a Pokemon league and Satoshi/Ash will then participate and win thus becoming the 1st champion of the Alola region finally becoming a Pokemon master and with this movie going back to the beginning it makes me think I might be right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3