• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Twinkle Stars GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I picked the first volume of the Japanese version of this up on a whim as it was being serialized. I was immediately hooked and consumed the subsequent volumes as they came out. I'm so excited it's finally been released in English so that I can own this version as well. I love the story and I can't wait to reread it.
wolf10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I... uh... own and have read the entire series in Japanese already. Talk about slow licensing.

Without going into spoilers, it does manage to become worthy of its creator's name, but it lacks the self-awareness that makes Liselotte so much fun.
king-wrong

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I purchased most of the Chuang Yi volumes of this online before it was announced that this series was going to be distributed in NA... I think the only volumes I don't have are the sixth and eleventh ones (the eleventh volume was probably never released by CY, anyway)... I think I've only read the first volume, though, even though I loved Fruits Basket...
starlightshine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I also have some of the Chuang Yi releases, but unlike Furuba I don't have a complete collection of this series. Nevertheless I've completed reading it, and my general thought is that it isn't as good as Furuba, but it's not a bad series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1