• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Falcom to Release Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III on PS4 in Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
Get hyped. My wallet is ready.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:28 am Reply with quote
Alisa got really hot.
Nyren

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote
Wait, what, didn't the second game just get released this year? Damn they work fast. Maybe I need to invest more in this series. I have Trails in the Sky for PC, but I haven't gotten very far into it.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Wait, what, didn't the second game just get released this year? Damn they work fast.

Well that was the US release that just got released a few months ago. It got released in Japan fall 2014. But there was only a year's gap between CS 1 and 2 in Japan. But about a three year gap isn't unreasonable.

Anyway, I just really hope that XSeed brings over this one too! I know that the way the Trails series works is that the first two games are the meat of the story and two parts of a whole, then the third one is supposed to be like, a side story or something? But yeah, I'd love to get this game in English too (and the Crossbell arc, but I hear there's problems with the Japanese side. XSeed wants to put a dub in, and the Japanese company thinks that's blasphemy of the highest order or something weird).
cosain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:49 am Reply with quote
pls for psvita as well when nisa america/europe gets to it
Cetais

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:27 am Reply with quote
cosain wrote:
Fat luck, NiSA will probably never touch this. XSeed, on the other hand...
Xanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
cosain wrote:
Fat luck, NiSA will probably never touch this. XSeed, on the other hand...

Or Aksys

cosain wrote:

PS4 only, for it to be ported to Vita is highly unlikely since they need to cripple the graphic and Vita would likely be dead by that time (outside Japan).
cosain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:16 am Reply with quote
i just read another article that ToCS3 is ps4 exclusive only.
utter bullsheeet tbqh
looks like i'll be missing this one out since i dont own any ps other than a vita.

and nisa america (europe handler) has published the first 2 ToCS for EU/ANZ so i dont see why they wont take ToCS3 for the ps4 given xseed is NA only.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
Oh hell yeah.

Altina could be a playable character after I looked at that battle picture.

Nice to also see a couple of other familiar faces like Alisa & Instructor Sara.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Nyren wrote:
Wait, what, didn't the second game just get released this year? Damn they work fast.

Well that was the US release that just got released a few months ago. It got released in Japan fall 2014. But there was only a year's gap between CS 1 and 2 in Japan. But about a three year gap isn't unreasonable.

Anyway, I just really hope that XSeed brings over this one too! I know that the way the Trails series works is that the first two games are the meat of the story and two parts of a whole, then the third one is supposed to be like, a side story or something? But yeah, I'd love to get this game in English too (and the Crossbell arc, but I hear there's problems with the Japanese side. XSeed wants to put a dub in, and the Japanese company thinks that's blasphemy of the highest order or something weird).

Some corrections are in order. The third being a "side story" only applies to Trails in the Sky: the Third, and that's more of a combination of "prequel to Crossbell arc" + "combination of side stories" + "prelude to Trails of Cold Steel arc". It's kind of the set-up for the games after it.

The problem with the two Crossbell games is that the originals don't have official PC ports in Japanese. One has a Chinese PC port so they'd have to get the rights to take that port and put it from Chinese to Japanese to English. X-Seed only recently started doing ports themselves so it's not impossible for them to port the Japanese versions of the games, but it's not an easily or necessarily profitable venture for such text-heavy games. That's why there's no guarantee we'll be getting that arc.

Trails of Cold Steel is a trilogy so all three games follow the same characters and plotline.
Cetais

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
cosain wrote:

and nisa america (europe handler) has published the first 2 ToCS for EU/ANZ so i dont see why they wont take ToCS3 for the ps4 given xseed is NA only.
Oh, I didn't know about that.

As a side note, it's either NIS America or NISA, not NISA America. I mean, NISA means Nippon Ichi Software America.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Since this is PS4 exclusive I'm just wondering how the hell am I going to transfer data like my party member's levels and what girl I romanced from two PS3 games
Flare-kun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
cosain wrote:
i just read another article that ToCS3 is ps4 exclusive only.
utter bullsheeet tbqh
looks like i'll be missing this one out since i dont own any ps other than a vita.

To be fair, the Vita's install base is getting smaller by the day, and the PS4's is getting larger. And there's a much larger graphical fidelity gap between Vita and PS4, meaning any Vita port would probably require more effort to downsize the game than ToCS II and the Vita vs. PS3.

As gamers who depend on companies like Xseed to localize our JP favorites, it's in our best interest that they remain profitable, too. Meaning that, while a Vita port of ToCS III might be nice, we're all better off in the long run that they're making decisions which are beneficial toward their company's long-term viability.

Besides, as a Vita owner, are you planning never to buy another Sony console? As a JRPG lover, with Nioh, Persona 5, Nier: Automata, now ToCS III, and more on the way, surely you'd like to spring for a PS4 eventually?
Borderite92

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quote
So what about getting Sky 3rd for PSP/Vita? Are we forced over to Steam?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1