• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shinta Fujimoto's Baccano! Manga Ends on January 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhys2753

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Annnnnd there goes the hope for another anime adaptation.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Rhys2753 wrote:
Annnnnd there goes the hope for another anime adaptation.

Why? The manga isn't the source material.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
For the love of God, give us that second season!!! Evil or Very Mad

There's enough material for more episode, right? Sad
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote
The people want Baccano! x2. Give it to them.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
For the love of God, give us that second season!!! Evil or Very Mad

There's enough material for more episode, right? Sad

From what I understand, keeping in mind I've only read the first 2 novels myself (In the gorgeous hardcover editions, bless you Yen Press for being the company to do justice to this series, for once.) and I'm going from what I've found researching this online, The anime adapted bits and pieces from novels that are in the 1-14 range. Sometimes very loosely and mostly from only 5 or 6 of the books, not in chronological order. There are currently 22 released. So, even if they didn't want to touch the 14 they took pieces from for whatever reason, there are 8 entire novels.

For Reference: Sword Art Online got a two cour first season out of basically the first 4 novels and part of the 8th, and still left some things out.

There's material and I want more Baccano! more than any anime sequel at this point. I'm just not sure how it sold or if it'll ever happen. Especially since I'm pretty sure Durarara!!x2 did not sell that well and there was way less time in between it and the original series. I just realized though, that 2017 is the anime's 10th anniversary. Probably won't result in anything, but anime's usually at least acknowledge that.

At least the novels are finally becoming legally accessible. I'll take what I can get at this point.
Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that the 23rd novel coming out is the "Final" novel of the 1935 series. Therefor, if it came out around the time of the novel, they would have the opportunity to more than likes wrap up plots and character arcs in a fulfilling way Obviously a Baccano! x2 or Baccano! Brotherhood situation would be the most ideal situation, but I'd even take an Inuyasha The Final Act situation for the anniversary, to be honest. This turned out super long and I could've just answered: yes, there's material. Oops. I'm a rambler.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1