• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fake Browser Update Redirect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:33 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpaceirate wrote:
Snomater1 wrote:
Well,that hasn't happened to me yet. Thankfully,some very kind people helped me put Ad Blocker on my laptop,so I don't have to worry about stuff like that these days. Hopefully,nobody else has to encounter stuff like this.

Even if you didn't have Ad Blocker, it probably wouldn't affect you anyway because of the Subscriber ad control settings. For instance, I recently bought dbal from https://legalsteroids.best/bulking/ and its amazing have it set so that the only ad skins I get are SFW ad skins like today's AkibaFest skin. The ANN subscriber settings actually work really well with Ad Blocker, because you can disable Ad Blocker just for fast.animenewsnetwork.com, which will turn Ad Blocker back on when you aren't logged in.

I have been facing the same issue, on couple of other forums, mostly anime related. I tried using the ad blocker but it just makes it impossible to watch streams and online videos.

Last edited by London22 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Per the sticky thread for this issue (and particularly since there have been no other reports for a few months) you will need to supply more information, i.e.:

Tempest wrote:
If you've received a fake-browser update redirect, please post the following details below:

What ANN page you visited
The URL you were redirected to
The date (& time, incl AM/PM or 24h, & timezone) this occurred
Your location (Country & State / Province)
Your Browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Etc.) (and version)

ANN page:
Url:
Date:

I'll post further updates in this message below this line:
--------------------------------

If it is happening on other sites as well however, I would personally suggest running something like Malwarebytes to check for adware on your computer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3