• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Song From X Japan's Documentary 'We Are X' Eligible for Oscar Nomination

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:15 am Reply with quote
Of course, it will eventually lose to "Let's Make More Money", the theme from Finding Dory.
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I doubt the suits who decide the nominees are into metal, let alone Japanese metal. They'd prefer if it were rerecorded with Scarlett Johannsen or Meryl Streep on lead vocals, with Harvey and Bob Weinstein filling the rhythm section, after which ol' Casting Couch Harve demands no less than 15 cuts to make it "marketable" to American audiences.

But still, any exposure is good exposure. We need all of X's stuff out over here instead of as $30 imports.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
doomy: You'd think so, but then they got that video of the Academy people talking to headbangers from the second Decline of Civilization movie. Also, don't forget that time Steven Tyler did a performance for one of their Oscar shows.
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
That's true. But surely headbangers by way of Penelope Spheeris and Aerosmith in their Bon Jovi phase are the closest they've gotten, save for somebody running into Ozzy and Sharon. I'm sure she has a few names in her rolodex.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1