• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nekopara OVA Kickstarter Meets Stretch Goal for 60-Minute Runtime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
At This rate it will be a full ledge movie rather than an ova.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
But how are you gonna fill up 60 minutes of runtime through fanservice and cat memes? I mean...there isn't gonna be a plot, isn't it?
joe_g7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Go go Nekopara!!!!
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
But how are you gonna fill up 60 minutes of runtime through fanservice and cat memes? I mean...there isn't gonna be a plot, isn't it?

I know some don't care for the VN, but it does have a plot. There is a story there. It may not be a plot everyone likes, but it still exists.

So what reason is there to think they won't have one for this? Nothing is going to stop them from telling a reasonable story with these characters in that amount of runtime. They could go with the first part of the VN for the plot or just cover a few days with these characters running the cafe. Slice of life shows have been made with less to work with.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I didn't realize that there were so many fans of Nekopara but nonetheless, good to see its fans doing everything they could to support the franchise. I'm myself donated $2 to the kickstarter, which isn't much at all but it's a good start I guess seeing that it is my first donation to anything related to this. I would had donated more if I could but there's very little amount of money in my account and there's a huge difference in the value of currency between ringgit malaysia and american dollar. It'd be nice to own the blu ray which cost $100 but I couldn't even afford to pay $15, which is a shame. If I'd payed for that BD instead, it would had cost me RM455 or something, which is an amount that I haven't owned for a long time seeing that I'm still trying to finish my diploma. In actuality, I'm not much of a fan at all to this franchise partly because it seemed like a harem and I'll rather played a yuri or a slice of life visual novel but the amount of animation that is present in the games is awesome, making them practically lifelike. I'll never played Nekopara with its adult content being enabled because I can't say I'm interested in those sort of contents. But, it's a great game of course, and I would had like it more if there's no male at all. Wink
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
A short anime adaptation?! ....Well, I'm not sure whether to be excited or worried about this possibility; I mean, as far as I've seen, short anime adaptations of visual novels tend to be even worse than other short anime. A visual novel like NekoPara should be alright, though, right?

Either way, though, I'm glad that the kickstarter managed to hit this stretch goal. I can't wait to get my whole hour of catgirls~!
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:56 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
According to what I've seen so far, a lot of modern Japanese animation directors in general is capable of handling slice of life shows, moreso if its originally heavily focused on moe and cutesy aspects of the characters. As far as I concerns, they could've just make the entire length of the show showcasing the girls being, well, cute and adorable and the fans would probably still embrace them, since that's what Nekopara ultimately attracted people with. It's probably easy not to screw it up, unlike other visual novel adaptation because its usually a platform where stories are abundant and required a lot of episodes and experiences to make it on par with the original.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
why stop at 60 minutes? there is still plenty of time before the deadline so they should increase it by another 10 minutes per 100k until the end.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:49 am Reply with quote
So is it a hentai ova, or nah?
Afezeria

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:27 am Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
No, it is not a hentai OVA, and I've preferred they kept it that way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1