• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KonoSuba S1 OAV

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 pm Reply with quote
According to Wikipedia there is an OVA in season #1 -- but I can't find any reference to it. Is this because I'm singularly bad at navigating databases?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:21 am Reply with quote
Looks like it was an OAD bundled with the novels: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-21/kono-subarashii-sekai-ni-shukufuku-o-light-novel-bundles-original-anime-blu-ray/.96791
There's another one upcoming as well: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-26/konosuba-light-novel-to-bundle-original-anime-blu-ray/.110350

Whether to create new entries for these, a single entry for both or to fold them in with the respective TV series...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Whether to create new entries for these, a single entry for both or to fold them in with the respective TV series...

The first OAD at the very least is considered as "episode 11" of the first season. It uses the same OP and ED, and the official numbering appears in the middle of the opening sequence.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
That's unusual for something not included with the series discs to be numbered among them (not entirely unheard of though I believe, but can't remember specific examples).
That would make it an easy solution to add it to the episode list for S1, although Dan has also asked that things be split up where they can be Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1