• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monolith Soft Reveals Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Sequel Game For Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:17 am Reply with quote
This is a sequel for the original Xenoblade Chronicles and not for Xenoblade Chronicles X? I feel weird about this since I heard that it was X that had several loose ends to its story.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote
Man, I really hope there's a British dub for this!

I'm feeling mixed that this being a sequel to the original Wii game and not a continuation of X since the former ended really nicely, and the latter had a nasty cliffhanger. Also is it just me or that sword the guy was wielding has a somewhat similar to that red armored girl? God forbid it ended up being like the "MC wielding waifus" type of thing. Anime dazed
makoto99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:45 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they do a sequel to Xenoblade X soon. Xenoblade was good in its time, but wasn't really as good or memorable as billed in my opinion. This trailer didn't really get me excited about it Sad

Also I notice Mitsuda is on the score again. Even though he's my favorite overall composer, I'm really going to miss being in combat, and then suddenly a tyrant adds on to the fight and the guitar riff for Uncontrollable kicks in. Sawano's music was really unique (as far as RPGs go anyway), which tend to stick to the same tired formula for scores/soundtracks.

Oh well. I'll still get it, but I'm definitely hoping for a Xenoblade Y Smile
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Ohh, at first I thought this was a Xenoblade Chronicles X sequel :/

I reaaaaally hope they will do a XCX sequel game for the switch after this, with a new Sawano soundtrack. I would buy a switch just for this game, because I really enjoyed XCX and spend several hundreds of hours with it.

Does anyone know if XCX did well in the sales in comparison to XC?

And please add an option to change between english and japanese dub this time since there are a lot of people who prefer their anime style games in japanese.
thenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I love Monolith and will continue to be excited for and support their games. They haven't at all been as good as Xenogears, and I wish they would do more linear games instead of open world but they've been fun and good and can't wait for the next one.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I've been enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii U for the past week or so, I'm absolutely in love with it so this announcement really got me excited. No release date yet though, so plenty of time to also play X in the mean time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1