• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Posts Trailer for Magikano Magical Comedy Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Fun show, not too great but it was worth the watch. I recommend it and will probably be picking it up.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Fun show, not too great but it was worth the watch. I recommend it and will probably be picking it up.
I'd agree with that -- it doesn't have any aspirations of being "great anime," but it is a lot of fun, especially for those who've seen a lot of this kind of anime. For those worried about the Mahoromatic-like premise of "witch moves in with guy as a maid," don't worry -- there's no need to take it seriously, since Magikano doesn't take itself seriously. TRSI's recent ADV sale let me get this first disc pre-ordered at a good price Smile
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Mucho expensive for the downloads... and the resolutions they are offering - even the fansubs had better resolutions than those... thats pretty bad... but its a good start in the right direction. Anyone know if you can burn the downloads to your own DVDs?
nkaze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Mediocre anime at best....shows like this totally justify fansubs, so that you can know better than to waste your money on a sub-par product.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen this show yet but since this is from the same director as Seto no Hanayome, easily one of the best comedies I've ever seen, I'll be picking up the singles for this show as they come out.
Espeon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:02 am Reply with quote
I've seen the whole show and I liked it. Smile
poehitman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:39 am Reply with quote
It was a pretty good show. The ending confused the hell out of me though. Plus I hope the voice in the trailer wasn't Ayumi's. That voice totally doesn't fit her character.
JackCox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote
No it wasn't Ayumi's, Jessica Boone is playing Ayumi and Clint Bickham plays Haruo, Luci Christian who was the voice in the trailer plays one of the sisters.
poehitman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
JackCox wrote:
No it wasn't Ayumi's, Jessica Boone is playing Ayumi and Clint Bickham plays Haruo, Luci Christian who was the voice in the trailer plays one of the sisters.

Thank god. I was hoping it was one of the sisters. She does sound like she would fit one of them.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:15 am Reply with quote
I figured it was Monicas Rial's screech in that trailer. Oh well, I won't watch the dub anyway. This show was fun. Talking cat panties FTW
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1