• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shinkai's 'your name.' Tops S. Korean Box Office in 2nd Weekend

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:04 pm Reply with quote
The 3rd "Your Name" news for today Rolling Eyes
Scias

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:

Seriously, I haven't even seen the damn movie yet and I'm sick and tired of hearing about it.
Vongola Prim0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quote
For a second I thought it was talking about N. Korea, then I remembered N. Korea would never allow movies like these to be shown in their theaters.

7/10. Too Much Freedom ~North Korean Government Controlled Film Critics

Hias wrote:
Nodz wrote:

Seriously, I haven't even seen the damn movie yet and I'm sick and tired of hearing about it.

That's called Overexposure. Since I haven't seen the movie either, I also felt frustrated to find three "Your Name" related news articles(instead of something I can relate to or comment on).

Best Way to deal with it is to realize that the movie isn't doing any harm by simply making the news a lot. It's not like other news articles would have replaced these 3. Instead there would just be 3 less new articles.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh my gawd WE GET IT ANN!!!! ITS the most TOPPED MOVIE EVER EVERYWHERE SO stop reporting this movie already!! I seen 100+ posts of this movie already!
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Hias wrote:
Nodz wrote:

Tell me about it..me too..
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Vongola Prim0 wrote:
For a second I thought it was talking about N. Korea, then I remembered N. Korea would never allow movies like these to be shown in their theaters.

7/10. Too Much Freedom ~North Korean Government Controlled Film Critics

Hias wrote:
Nodz wrote:

That's called Overexposure. Since I haven't seen the movie either, I also felt frustrated to find three "Your Name" related news articles(instead of something I can relate to or comment on).

Best Way to deal with it is to realize that the movie isn't doing any harm by simply making the news a lot. It's not like other news articles would have replaced these 3. Instead there would just be 3 less new articles.

Yes, but try puting 3 Yuri on Ice news in one day and you'll see all kind of bad comments and reactions.
leongsh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I do agree that the continued reporting of the box office achievements is starting to drag. That said, it is anime-related news. Can all this reporting on "your name" box office figures and achievements be compiled into a weekly digest instead of multiple postings? Let's have a middle ground solution for this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1