• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What can anime do for you that it's not doing?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Didn't Euphonium have the girl who was deaf in one ear who didn't want to join the band because she was losing her hearing? It's been awhile, and I feel like there was an episode or two of HaruChika that also featured a deaf person, so I'm probably confusing the two? Or am misremembering the latter having that. I dunno. I obviously wasn't hanging on every episode of either series. Very Happy

yeah, what you are describing is definitely from HaruChika
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:07 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, for one thing, I assume Japanese society would get a lot less sexist in a hurry. Wink

I wouldn't bet on it. Cool

Cause in that world, muscle women rule Japan and men are pretty much shown what its like to be dominated like that and while that is going on, hijinx ensues...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
I would watch a show like that. Especially if the Amazon muscle women of Japan decided that schoolgirl pins were the most effective way of disciplining the girly-men... and each other.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quote
The viability of this whole Amazonian muscle woman idea seems to rest on whether these muscle women are all obsessing over one, single milquetoast, innocent guy who is very indecisive, but for some reason all of these massive muscle women who could take whatever they want are all trying to get in this one dudes pants and are willing to cook for him, even though they suck at cooking. They even would engage in epic, boobtastic DBZ style battles over who would have the opportunity to pick this waifish, unassuming everyman up off the ground and carry him off for violent Amazonian intercourse. If that is the idea, then I think this concept will do quite well in Japan's current Anime scene.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:09 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
The viability of this whole Amazonian muscle woman idea seems to rest on whether these muscle women are all obsessing over one, single milquetoast, innocent guy who is very indecisive, but for some reason all of these massive muscle women who could take whatever they want are all trying to get in this one dudes pants and are willing to cook for him, even though they suck at cooking. They even would engage in epic, boobtastic DBZ style battles over who would have the opportunity to pick this waifish, unassuming everyman up off the ground and carry him off for violent Amazonian intercourse. If that is the idea, then I think this concept will do quite well in Japan's current Anime scene.

I think it would.
But that was just an idea I came up with for fun.

I actually want to work on serious muscle woman anime.
One that is a romance anime with lots of action.
It would probably have a love triangle between a young, clumsy, nice, innocent, 15 year old boy and 2 strong, brave, young, female muscle women. One who is more tomboyish than the other one.

I haven't worked out the entire details yet so it will have to wait a awhile but I can assure you I am rather excited to be talking about it real soon!
It is another passion project of mine, much like my KnM reboot series and Magcial Girl yuri anime franchise.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
So long as I can continue to get my battle harem, moe, and slice-of-life anime does pretty well by me. I am not difficulty to please.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:47 am Reply with quote
I could use more shounen anime with tournament arcs. Those are the best parts for me, usually.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:07 pm Reply with quote
@Luis, Isn't that like plentiful already?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3