• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 4]: Diamond Is Unbreakable (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:11 am Reply with quote
I have to admit, Harvest is one of the strangest looking Stands I've seen before, especially for its miniature size..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Episodes 21-23

After all the brief cameos, I'm so glad to see Kira's arc being animated. One of my favorite antagonist in the series and he really shows his personality in the most bizarre of ways. Speaking of which, Kira has a very dangerous Stand as well (Killer Queen) with the ability to make anything explode by touch.

Felt bad for Shigechi during this arc. His death was more emotional than I had expected especially with his last few moments after confronting Kira.

I think the character design for Killer Queen is also neat, very intimidating in terms of appearance. On the other hand, Kira looks like a normal guy until you realize his hand fetish Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
So... after rewatching the Yukako fight, am I the only one who feels like they shouldn't have ramped up the psycho that high before the fight? I mean, I was okay with everything else, by the electric chair? That felt like it was a little artificial to raise the stakes from "She's crazy and discomforting to be around" to "HOLY CRAP SHE'S GOING TO KILL HIM IF HE DOESN'T GET AWAY IMMEDIATELY!" It would be fine if she was a one off antagonist, but the series tries to redeem her later. I mean, the kidnapping stuff and forcing him to study is crazy but misled, but that point felt really forced to get a fight brewing. Is it just me?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 34

louis6578 - at first I had no idea what the hell you were talking about since I thought you were posting about the last episode (34). Then the penny dropped and I realized you were talking about an episode way, way back. I don't really remember the situation you are talking about, but I just take it for granted that anything in the JoJo universe is automatically heightened, so I'm sure that's why I didn't have a problem with it. Plus, she's a hottie and that automatically makes anything she does A-Okay in my book. It's not her fault that Koichi can't handle a REAL woman. Wink

Anyway, it's a shame people aren't really talking about the show in this thread because I'm enjoying the hell out of it as I have all the previous iterations of this magical franchise.

Yeah, taking a bath with Kira would be WAY down on my list of things I'd want to do. Also, I know that What's-His-Name is just a kid, but man, he ain't very impressively ... equipped ... if you catch my drift. Shrinkage?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 35

So when did Daddy gain flying powers? When he first started, he needed to hitch a ride with a bird, then he seemed to be gliding on the breezes, but now he can just helicopter over Kira's shoulder indoors? As usual, I guess I missed something.

I'm still not entirely sure I understand Kira's new power. It seems a little redundant, npi, in that, if it rewinds time to before his secret is revealed, or about to be revealed, what's the point of killing off the person to whom it's revealed? If the time rewinds, none of that happens anyway.

It also seems incredibly overpowered in that it must rewind time for the entire universe and not just locally like Dio or Jotaro can do.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 36:

Oh damn, I like what they did with the OP song to make it more fitting for this arc.
I also liked what they did with the music to make some of the scenes more dramatic from Hayato's point of view.

Looks like he encountered Koichi and the others but Kira's mind games has really gotten to Hayato. Killer Queen's third ability is truly terrifying yet one of my favorite Stands.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I freely admit that these thoughts might seem silly but they should be out there,at least. This doesn't take away from the fact that I think that "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" is a good show. I think it just needs some things to make it even better. Now that that's out of the way,here are my thoughts:

Thought #1:Why did Viz leave in the Japanese language credits for this show? It's not like anyone isn't going to know it's a Japanese anime,so why not have English language credits in place of the Japanese language credits? They had English credits in a number of other shows they brought here but why did they leave the Japanese credits in with the ending theme "Roundabout" On Youtube,I saw closing credits for "Steven Universe" done in the style of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure." They were as good as the credits in "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" but it was also done in English.
I don't know why Viz did this,but I hope they don't do this in the future. I'm not familiar with Japanese and even though they have English language credits after the Japanese credits,I wish they had them with the ending theme. I know I'm being picky about this but I think it would improve the show a lot if they did that.

Thought #2:I know I said this previously,but I think that Viz should try to find a role for Tim Curry in this show. He's a pretty good actor and would fit in well with this show. I once read somewhere that "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" was an over-the-top show. I thought that Tim Curry would fit in neatly with that show. Apparently,I'm not the only one who thought so. There are others online who felt the same way I do.
As I've said before,Tim Curry could be called Mr. Over-The-Top. In his best known roles,he's gone over-the-top and then does it again just to prove what sort of character he's playing. He's a good actor,even in his most restrained roles. Even in his rare good guy role,he's still a good at what he does. I hope that Viz does find a role for him,even a minor one. "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" is a perfect show for Tim Curry. I hope they find a role for him on that show.
Kyokazu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:43 pm Reply with quote
You know I really wished that they still continue with the hamon abilities instead of stand.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3