• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness Manga Heads to 'Climax' With Secret Project

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 am Reply with quote
The secret project is probably another continuation but with a different name and maybe a time skip but thats just me. I find it hard to believe it'll end just cos Rito finally decided to man up and make up his mind
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:29 am Reply with quote
So is this hinting at the ENTIRE series ending? Or just the "Darkness" series and a new continuation series to follow? Bruh, I don't want it to end...
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:50 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping it's just ending "Darkness". Yami's plot seemed pretty much done for awhile so the name doesn't fit as well, and Rito choosing a girl (or them all lol) doesn't seem like a good ending point. They could do so much more with that, especially if it keeps selling...
Jakerams

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:37 am Reply with quote
Please be a true sequel manga.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:09 am Reply with quote
Don't screw it up.
ChromeEagle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:49 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I'm hoping it's just ending "Darkness". Yami's plot seemed pretty much done for awhile so the name doesn't fit as well...

I'm totally on board with this.

There's still so much potential for one-on-one interactions among the cast. Risa and Rito have made for some awesome (and memorable) chapters; just imagine that kind of stuff with Oshizu, Run (outside of a Bangaihen for once), Nana, Rin (who doesn't get nearly enough love), Saki, etc. And just the fact that Nemesis has only recently found herself fully-integrated within the everyday story is reason alone for the series to continue.

Also, spoiler[Kuro showed up a little while ago (in a non-cameo form) and possibly opened the door to all sorts of crossover-ish material. Even with the latest chapter, I simply couldn't fathom this franchise coming to an end.]
HueyLion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:38 am Reply with quote
Well we all forsaw the ending part but a secret porject eh....A sequel would be awesome depending how he does the ending. Maybe Rito just wont be able to choose a single girl and AGAIN we will have to restart the whole cycle
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:20 am Reply with quote
Choose one = End of series
Choose harem paradise = sequel (Becoming King of the Universe)
Choose none = sequel (There we go again)
Vannil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:25 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:

More likely its going to be choose one. The series has made it obvious spoiler[Haruna, Lala, or Yami] are going to be the one who Rito chooses and the secret project is probably a new anime that rounds out the series. The only way i see them using the harem ending is if they mimic the ending of the first series and then go to a to be continued or something. I also highly doubt he would choose no one at this point in the game, to much progress has been for pretty much every major and reoccurring female character at this point.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:49 am Reply with quote
In terms of harem manga running a long time, "Ah! My Goddess" (there are the 3 main goddesses, Megumi, Peorth, and more) ran for over 25 years before ending. However, at least Keiichi picked someone. I really hope Rito picks Lala in this series.
Northlander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:44 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
However, at least Keiichi picked someone. I really hope Rito picks Lala in this series.

He did indeed pick someone, and in the very first story arc too. There were never any doubt in my mind that he'd ever end up with anyone other than Belldandy.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote
it's an interesting choice of words,because this manga has made me "climax" a lot.
Shinuki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
Jonny Mendes wrote:

More likely its going to be choose one. The series has made it obvious spoiler[Haruna, Lala, or Yami] are going to be the one who Rito chooses and the secret project is probably a new anime that rounds out the series. The only way i see them using the harem ending is if they mimic the ending of the first series and then go to a to be continued or something. I also highly doubt he would choose no one at this point in the game, to much progress has been for pretty much every major and reoccurring female character at this point.

It's a "New Secret Project", the To Love-ru Darkness anime has already 2 seasons and tons of OVA's, there's nothing "new" or "secret" about it and everybody knows that will have a third season at some point since is very popular, if it were a new season they would just tease as "big news" or "big announcement", wouldn't make sense to the magazine tease a "new secret project" with the suddenly ending of the Darkness series just to be a new anime season.
partysensei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:

Its the moment of truth gentleman´s.. I dont have more words
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I hope he picks one, one he truly loves.

Harems are paradise, for a little bit. But they end up with too little love going around, and someone is not going to be happy. Death is definitely going to be a visitor is such a situation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2