• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Bookstores Recommend 15 Top Manga for 2017

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san has been excellent fun monthly read and I can see why it ended up on this list. Nishikata and Takagi are hilarious together with Nishikata get the brunt of Takagi antics. Though mostly she is stopping and reversing him trying to one up her, so you can say it is mostly his fault. I am surprised that no one has picked up the license for an official English translation yet. Here is hoping that since showing up on a list like this that somebody at one of the major publishers notices.
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:23 am Reply with quote
I just found out about Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii two days ago and totally in love with the manga that when this news appeared on my RSS I went "that manga better be on the list because its just soo good". Quite satisfied it made to 9th rank Very Happy
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:05 am Reply with quote
Javes wrote:
Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san has been excellent fun monthly read and I can see why it ended up on this list. Nishikata and Takagi are hilarious together with Nishikata get the brunt of Takagi antics. Though mostly she is stopping and reversing him trying to one up her, so you can say it is mostly his fault. I am surprised that no one has picked up the license for an official English translation yet.

Me too, it's up there with The World God Only Knows as my most wanted manga license pick-up.
fideldesu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
Platinum End & Fire Punch is really good.
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
Well deserved first place. This manga is pure love and teasing (and it makes its name for good, it might as well be the best teasing-based first love romance manga out there).
Ringking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:42 am Reply with quote
Now, the question is "how many of these can I actually get in English". I really wish they would license more manga that doesn't have an anime.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Now that's something prizewise that's interesting. Not those "your name didn't make as a nomination for Oscar".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:14 pm Reply with quote
That's a good list~. Yay for Otaku ni and for Io Sakisaka. ^u^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1