• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Transformers Phone Crowdfunding Campaign Raises 10x Its Goal in 2 Days

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Man, Transformers news has been really dull. Can't help but feel the franchise is dead. I don't get why they think making toys that transform into mobile phones is awesome. I wouldn't add that useless gimmick to collection.

Why can't they just go back to its simplicity. Robots with emotions fighting an intergalactic civil war. Both sides having characters with rough edges and noble attributes. And better looking robots (Armada Optimus Prime is so awesome!)

Nah, screw that. We need to make them more organic to be more identifiable. Now they blink and can show more facial expressions and emotions. Now they have 'hair styles' and bleed and piss oil apparently.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Because other people don't think like you and just wanna have fun, bruh.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
Man, Transformers news has been really dull. Can't help but feel the franchise is dead. I don't get why they think making toys that transform into mobile phones is awesome. I wouldn't add that useless gimmick to collection.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The phones are just an extension of the oddball transforming figures they've been doing for a long time now including official Nike sneakers, working MP3 players and speaker docks, working USB drives, working earphones, working USB hub, working PC mouse, ice cream bars, hats, official Playstation and Megadrive/Genesis (both) consoles, among other things. Phones really aren't much different.

Quote:
Why can't they just go back to its simplicity. Robots with emotions fighting an intergalactic civil war. Both sides having characters with rough edges and noble attributes. And better looking robots (Armada Optimus Prime is so awesome!)

They've never stopped making stuff like that. Armada gave way to Energon, then Cybertron, then Classics, Animated, Universe, Prime, Generations, RID2015, Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and so on. In fact they've (Hasbro and Takara Tomy) recently remade Armada Hot Shot, Megatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Thrust with Tidal Wave expected later in the year.

Quote:
Nah, screw that. We need to make them more organic to be more identifiable. Now they blink and can show more facial expressions and emotions. Now they have 'hair styles' and bleed and piss oil apparently.

Those are their own thing and those toy lines don't interfere with the regular toy lines.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gustavo Woltmann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
It looks simple but has caught my attention, I hope someday to have it in my hands.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:20 am Reply with quote
Finally, a proper fork that can also be used for self-defense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1