• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Servamp TV Anime Has New Project in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lady-leen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:36 am Reply with quote
great news! I hope it's a sequel <3
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:44 am Reply with quote
I hope it's a remake. They rushed the manga and ruined the anime. Mad

Sigh, it's probably a movie or an OVA...
lady-leen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:35 am Reply with quote
It's true they rushed the manga but I don't think they're going to do a remake! The anime aired last year anyway
Dracospirit121

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:07 am Reply with quote
Saw the first episode. It was clearly BL so I skipped it, but it did seem pretty good.
dcmc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
I hope it's a remake. They rushed the manga and ruined the anime. Mad

Sigh, it's probably a movie or an OVA...

lady-leen wrote:
It's true they rushed the manga but I don't think they're going to do a remake! The anime aired last year anyway

or they could follow Blue Exorcist anime which basically ignore last few part of previous series & continue from there
Dracospirit121 wrote:
Saw the first episode. It was clearly BL so I skipped it, but it did seem pretty good.

theres no romance in here,its pure shonen battle
zztop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
dcmc wrote:

Dracospirit121 wrote:

Servamp may not be direct BL romance, but it is the only non-yaoi/non-BL title by its creator, Tanaka Strike.
It runs in a shoujo manga magazine, but this means it emphasises an all-male cast to appeal to female readers (like how Keijo has a largely female cast to appeal to male readers).

Plus, it does seem to overturn the sub/dom relationship of girl-oriented supernatural series by making with having the human sub self-insert control and dominate the supernatural dom, which coupled with yaoi allusions make it very appealing to its targeted females.
Rubyleaf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
zztop wrote:
dcmc wrote:

Dracospirit121 wrote:

Servamp may not be direct BL romance, but it is the only non-yaoi/non-BL title by its creator, Tanaka Strike.
It runs in a shoujo manga magazine, but this means it emphasises an all-male cast to appeal to female readers (like how Keijo has a largely female cast to appeal to male readers).

Plus, it does seem to overturn the sub/dom relationship of girl-oriented supernatural series by making with having the human sub self-insert control and dominate the supernatural dom, which coupled with yaoi allusions make it very appealing to its targeted females.

I've looked at your post for five minutes straight and now I feel like I kinda should say something. Yeah, it's targeted at a female audience but Servamp is neither BL nor queerbaiting (although I don't blame you for thinking that, a lot of people who only know a little of the series do). The main character isn't a self-insert so much as a role model, strong and very well-written, and actually all the friendships/relationships in this series are, as well as the characters. I may not know much about yaoi but I have no clue what you mean by "sub" and "dom" in this context, but I wouldn't call Servamp BL fanservice so much as a subversion and deconstruction of BL fanservice series and tropes. There's a lot of things you can criticize the series for (*cough* especially the anime *cough*) but this isn't one of them. Just saying.

(Plus the protagonist does "dominate" (?) the supernatural vampire for most of the series. Or whatever you would call dragging his lazy bones around while he'd rather sleep than fight other vamps.)

Last edited by Rubyleaf on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Namu12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
I would love a remake.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Servamp Root A
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1