• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Attack on Titan Anime's 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:51 am Reply with quote
I hope it is also simulcasted on Crunchyroll because I rather not resubscribe to Funimation for just one show.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
^Yeah, I'd rather not have to resubscribe as well.

Wonder if anyone will mistake it for an April Fool's joke.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
This better be on CR as well, I hate Funimation's trash website. I also hope CR will be handling their own subtitles. Funimation ones are very lackluster in terms of typesetting and translations. (looking at you Drifters).
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
^^ Yup, I agree with the above comments. Would rather not resubscribe (I mean they are the ones that canned my sub back in October), hopefully both this and My Hero Academia can make the move over to CR.

Thorfinn wrote:
This better be on CR as well, I hate Funimation's trash website. I also hope CR will be handling their own subtitles. Funimation ones are very lackluster in terms of typesetting and translations. (looking at you Drifters).

They really screwed up with their new site, just gotta wonder how they fucked up that much.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
So, does this mean it's not going to be airing on Toonami at all?
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:07 pm Reply with quote
My sphincter is trembling with excitement! Mr. Green
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they will dub this right away
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Swiftyy wrote:
^^ Yup, I agree with the above comments. Would rather not resubscribe (I mean they are the ones that canned my sub back in October), hopefully both this and My Hero Academia can make the move over to CR.

They really screwed up with their new site, just gotta wonder how they fucked up that much.

They're Funimation, that's how. If they were so incompetent that they messed up the release for one of the all time most popular and well received anime ever (Code Geass), their website screw up isn't even that surprising. And they've always been a joke when it comes to their website and streaming service.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Swiftyy wrote:

They're Funimation, that's how. If they were so incompetent that they messed up the release for one of the all time most popular and well received anime ever (Code Geass), their website screw up isn't even that surprising. And they've always been a joke when it comes to their website and streaming service.
So that i cant go on the funimation website is because its fucked up? Im from Europe, ever since the new website launch im blocked by a security error....

I wonder if this gets a weekly dub or not. The main cast should be able to do it considering the spin-off. But its a real big show so you never know... But im guessing its gonna be on toonami. But isnt toonami like already full with Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball z/Super? Do they even have room in the schedule? (aint american cant watch toonami to begin with)
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
snip

I was honestly willing to give them a chance with this new site back when it was originally announced (back in January of last year). They've really just shown how incompetent they are when it comes to streaming (throwing up apps and website that don't work really don't make customers happy, and I wouldn't be shocked if they had a mass exodus of subscribers).

TheMorry wrote:
snip

It could very well be intentional, but it really isn't my place to say.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
[So that i cant go on the funimation website is because its fucked up? Im from Europe, ever since the new website launch im blocked by a security error....

they appear to have region locked their website. so if you aren't in their current service area's, U.S., Canada, UK, and Ireland, then you cant get to it. I'd guess that's their way of making sure that folks who are outside of their streaming coverage can't sign up for a subscription and then whine on the forums despite the clearly visible note informing people which areas they provide service to.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:31 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
So, does this mean it's not going to be airing on Toonami at all?

It should eventually air in there, but it would be great if it aired as a simuldub like Space Dandy.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I love how there doesn't seem to be anyway to browse Funi's titles alphabetically on their new, "improved" website. My apologies if there is a way to do this and I was just too dumb to figure it out.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
^Under all shows, you can change the sort option to A-Z. Default is date added, so just click that if you don't know what does what.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I love how there doesn't seem to be anyway to browse Funi's titles alphabetically on their new, "improved" website. My apologies if there is a way to do this and I was just too dumb to figure it out.

hover over shows, click all shows, then on that page you should see genre, rating and version on the top right. the next one will probably default to date added. click the down arrow and you can organize by popularity and alphabetically A-Z
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3