• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Idolm@ster SideM Idol-Training Game Gets Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the girls of Idolmaster will make a cameo appearance?
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:00 am Reply with quote
Just when you thought the idol genre couldn't get any worse.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
So excited for this series!!! It's been a long time coming for the idolmaster boys to get their own anime!!!
quaton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:29 am Reply with quote
Holy sh*t I'm so excited for this!!!!
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:56 am Reply with quote
Not for me in the slightest, but even so I kind of feel sorry for the fans of this. They'll most likely get something as boring as Cinderella Girls.
Darkslayer18

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:59 am Reply with quote
Please tell me Producer-san is not a dude
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
I heard that this whole series was made to adress how extrememely unpopular the original series was with girls. The fact that Love Live is still more popular with women than even their most aggressive attempts to pander to the fujoshi must tear the creators up inside.

Might watch this but I don't expect much. Not totally opposed to fujoshi centric shows but my experiences with boy idol anime have been nearly univerally negative. Most notably being in Otome Road when B Project was airing. I got so sick of seeing those ugly lanky girly men everywhere I walked. I bet if I went back there now everyone would have already moved on from the show.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
T R A P
R
A
P

I D O L S
D
O
L
S
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I heard that this whole series was made to adress how extrememely unpopular the original series was with girls. The fact that Love Live is still more popular with women than even their most aggressive attempts to pander to the fujoshi must tear the creators up inside.

Might watch this but I don't expect much. Not totally opposed to fujoshi centric shows but my experiences with boy idol anime have been nearly univerally negative. Most notably being in Otome Road when B Project was airing. I got so sick of seeing those ugly lanky girly men everywhere I walked. I bet if I went back there now everyone would have already moved on from the show.

Pretty popular? Love Live's audience is 40% female. Its almost an even split.
Ashymo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:48 pm Reply with quote
As long as it not an another idol anime like say i7, Tsukipro, Enstars etc. airs at the same season, it will do just fine.

The voice actor cast is meh and full of bunch of amateurs, and the character designs aren't great either. Certain units have more fangirls than others. I think the most popular units are HighxJoker followed by Dramatic Stars and F-lags. (My favorite units) Frame, the yankee duo and Kogadou not so much. As long as they focus on their more popular units, I doubt it will flop.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm very excited for the anime. Playlist of the songs if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUq_7MYZS3rQhxE_UmCB-OtB5bwmUOuDS

Yumecast and Aichuu anime when?
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:26 pm Reply with quote
It was obvious Dramatic Stars would be the main focus of the anime but I'm disappointed of the lack of Jupiter. They didn't even show up for the second stage concert as a group, only Matsuoka was there. The only events I ever see them being on is the first niconama of side m and the first stage concert.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I love iDOLM@STER, and I love the characters and cards in SideM, but the music in SideM is so bad... I wish they used the Namco composers.
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I love the guys, so I'm glad and eager. But this feels awful late of them to do when other male idols have already been stealing the spotlight.

Samiamiam wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Pretty popular? Love Live's audience is 40% female. Its almost an even split.

Do you have a source or general reference for that number? I felt pretty certain the number was high, but don't remember if I read confirmation somewhere or not.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:14 am Reply with quote
http://blog-imgs-64.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/67_20150919200828a16.jpg

According to the above which was conducted in 2014, the Love Live fanbase is statistically about 45% female. Its biggest demographic is actually 15-19 year old girls.

http://i.imgur.com/Ekc3iUS.png

Also according to this, most of the players of the Japanese version of School Idol Festival are women.

Having been to Japan, I can also confirm that most of the gathering places for Love Live fans attracted a very gender neutral audience. At the Love Live cafe I went to it was half and half. In Akihabara, which is very male centric, Love Live reigned supreme over everything. In Ikebukuro, which is more female centric, it was a pretty close to Osomatsu and the flavour of the season boy idol show in terms of presence. Though to be fair I think it leans more towards male where I come from.
onewing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:57 am Reply with quote
wow these people really know nothin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2