• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam.info Streams Gundam Thunderbolt Anime for Free for Limited Time

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
Put this into your calendars, chaps! I knew we'd get to see the third and fourth episodes eventually, and I have quite the suspicion that the wait will be worthwhile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
So wait, with all this centering on dubs and how to get them out quicker, this show still doesn't have one? This show looks like it can really benefit form a dub too. Anyways, this amv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYOO1l-VyAc got me interesting in the show.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:19 pm Reply with quote
This one is very well worth seeing. It's an extraordinarily grim story that works well because it holds to a tight, intimate focus on a not-very-large cast. It also has a really cool, sort of audacious jazz soundtrack that's more avant-garde than what one might be used to in a soundtrack. That style works well at emphasizing the stress and chaos of combat and living a life consumed by it.

Rinkwolf wrote:
So wait, with all this centering on dubs and how to get them out quicker, this show still doesn't have one? This show looks like it can really benefit form a dub too. Anyways, this amv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYOO1l-VyAc got me interesting in the show.

An English dub does exist! However, it's for the compilation film Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky, not the ONA. I can testify to having watched it and attended a panel with the cast and directors afterwards at Otakon last year. While they were setting it up, I got to see Stephanie Sheh test whether Mike Toole is a Newtype.

He is not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the first episode and it made me realize how mediocre IBO is. Definitely going to keep up with this schedule and I cannot wait for the second season this Spring Very Happy
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Gundam really knows how to throw their fandom a bone Smile
Will gladly lap this up again after watching it on *coughs* other places. I guess we will only get UC in the forms of OVAs and ONAs going forward...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1