• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kirito & Asuna Eat at Wagnaria Restaurant in Sword Art Online Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:27 pm Reply with quote
why do they have to tarnish Wagnaria by putting the titular restaurant in the Sword art online universe?
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:03 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
why do they have to tarnish Wagnaria by putting the titular restaurant in the Sword art online universe?

was that sarcasm i cant tell lol
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:12 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:

Why do all articles relating to Sword Art Online have to get nasty comments in talkback?

Rolling Eyes
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
theNightster wrote:

Why do all articles relating to Sword Art Online have to get nasty comments in talkback?

Rolling Eyes

Because they don't understand the concept of "don't like, don't watch".
The most logical thing you can do.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:31 am Reply with quote
As one of very few people who love both franchises, this pleases me immensely.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
theNightster wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Because they don't understand the concept of "don't like, don't watch".
The most logical thing you can do.

I dunno, I watched both seasons and, as a completionist, have decided to only watch canon anime content. My opinion on the series has greatly deteriorated, but I guess you can say I fall in-between watch and don't watch. As for Wagnaria, I doubt I'll ever watch it.
Slashman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
theNightster wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It's the hipster thing thing to do on ANN. Take an anime series that was extremely well-received and well-reviewed and then pretend that it is the worst thing ever. Same thing happens when you talk about Fate/Stay Night UBW. Everyone else in the world has obviously got it all wrong! Rolling Eyes
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Back in the day it was all about bashing Hollywood latest flick, they were all commercial trash not worth your time, but since that fad has gone old, what better target (in Valentine's Day) no less than bashing a series with a harem lead?
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
theNightster wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It's the hipster thing thing to do on ANN. Take an anime series that was extremely well-received and well-reviewed and then pretend that it is the worst thing ever. Same thing happens when you talk about Fate/Stay Night UBW. Everyone else in the world has obviously got it all wrong! Rolling Eyes
nah I'm not saying to be hipster, I loved stuff like Fate UBW and Attack on Titan to name a few. SAO is just a bad show
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
theNightster wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Don't you mean the most hipster thing to do on any anime site?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
but since that fad has gone old, what better target (in Valentine's Day) no less than bashing a series with a harem lead?

SAO's not a harem; it's a group of friends playing a game and two get married. :/

Quote:
SAO is just a bad show

Only the ALO arc is bad....and we have not seen the movie so let's not judge too early, hm?

Rolling Eyes
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Only the ALO arc is bad....and we have not seen the movie so let's not judge too early, hm?

Rolling Eyes
when did I say that "this movie is going to be terrible?" I was judgeing the show and have no interest in the movie
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:08 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Rolling Eyes
when did I say that "this movie is going to be terrible?" I was judgeing the show and have no interest in the movie

Then why post in a thread related to the movie? =_=
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
theNightster wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You two are both entitled to your opinions, just as I and everyone else here are entitled to OUR opinions. I get that the show can invoke polar extremes within people, but I'd rather not see one of my best friends get into some stupid and meaningless fight. I personally don't think the show is as good OR bad as some of the more vocal community members say, and one of my goals while recapping the series last year was to be fair in assessing it. But at the end of the day, none of us should be catty or snippy over Sword Art Online, regardless of whether you liked it or not. I'd rather you guys stopped before any of the mods come in, so truce?
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
theNightster wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Rolling Eyes

simple because I'm a Wagnaria fan and simply made a statement in hopes of replies

[quote=Akane the Catgirl]
Quote:
You two are both entitled to your opinions, just as I and everyone else here are entitled to OUR opinions. I get that the show can invoke polar extremes within people, but I'd rather not see one of my best friends get into some stupid and meaningless fight. I personally don't think the show is as good OR bad as some of the more vocal community members say, and one of my goals while recapping the series last year was to be fair in assessing it. But at the end of the day, none of us should be catty or snippy over Sword Art Online, regardless of whether you liked it or not. I'd rather you guys stopped before any of the mods come in, so truce?
yeah I can agree with a Truce, even if I like to troll on the forums it's not worth the mods getting involved
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2