• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Square Enix Reveals New Screenshots For Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III Games

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah yeah, NOW RELEASE THEM ALREADY!
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:35 am Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of KH it's too pretentious but part 3 looks like a must buy, you know when they let on that star wars is in it the world is going to catch fire. It will be even worse if it's not in there.

#notmyff7remake. Come on Nomura, you have had ample time to get a further screenshot than that. We only live so long.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:27 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
I'm not a fan of KH it's too pretentious but part 3 looks like a must buy, you know when they let on that star wars is in it the world is going to catch fire. It will be even worse if it's not in there.

#notmyff7remake. Come on Nomura, you have had ample time to get a further screenshot than that. We only live so long.

I for one really hope star wars is not in it. It was bad enough that Pirates was in it, but star wars would just be ugh.
Blue21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:01 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

No one has said Star Wars will be in it. (And I hope it's not, same thing for Marvel-based worlds; that stuff just doesn't have that Disney magic and isn't true Disney, as far as I'm concerned. It'd look incredibly out of place.)
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:35 am Reply with quote
Am I the only person who finds it weird we haven't seen any of the other Midgar characters yet in screenshots? Reno & the Turks? Tifa? Aerith? These are all characters you see within the first hour of the game for the most part, I'm a little concerned.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
Blue21 wrote:
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

No one has said Star Wars will be in it. (And I hope it's not, same thing for Marvel-based worlds; that stuff just doesn't have that Disney magic and isn't true Disney, as far as I'm concerned. It'd look incredibly out of place.)

100% agreed.

Plus Star Wars and Marvel stuff is so overhyped and everywhere these days. I've seen enough of them. Leave them out of KH.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:48 am Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:

100% agreed.

Plus Star Wars and Marvel stuff is so overhyped and everywhere these days. I've seen enough of them. Leave them out of KH.

If you wanna get technical they already have a Marvel world in there with Big Hero 6. They could sneak either Star Wars Rebels or the animated Clone Wars movie in there if they really wanted.

Not gonna lie i would be morbidly curious to see if they would use the space battles in Star Wars as a means for more Gummi ship sections. Like Sora and crew are heading to the next world and are shot down by a tie fighter and end up on Endor or something. Then you run around that planet until the ship is fixed then head back into space and seal the keyhole after a huge space battle.

If they put Pixar movies in there id personally love to see an Incredibles world.

Hell Wreck it Ralph would be amazing. Just think of all the meta humor (though that may interfere with the overall story of KH if they point out more of the confusing).

If they wanted to continue the storylines with the princesses they could put in a world for the Princess and the Frog and Moana (though the latter is probably mucb to new for them to incorporate without pushing the game back again)

{Edit: Please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
Blue21 wrote:
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

Yeah, it's actually cool.

Look, you have access to some of the most beloved characters of all time. Putting in Robin Hood instead of the FREAKING AVENGERS is like Capcom releasing another SFII port instead of SFV for the Switch...oh.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

Look, you have access to some of the most beloved characters of all time. Putting in Robin Hood instead of the FREAKING AVENGERS is like Capcom releasing another SFII port instead of SFV for the Switch...oh.

If you don't think original Disney characters and franchises are 'cool', Kingdom Hearts probably isn't the series for you. Just sayin'.

{Edit: Please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:12 am Reply with quote
The thing is after 2 and the endless spinoffs, most of the genuine classics have already been tapped. Most critics admit it's only recently Disney proper has gotten its groove back with films (Big Hero 6, Frozen, and Moana are far more beloved than say...Princess and the Frog) The exception would be some Pixar stuff that could be really interesting if done correctly. Of course now, unlike when 2 was made, Disney has access to even more beloved characters.

Besides, Soul Calibur had Darth Vader fighting an expo of Miyamoto Musashi. This wouldn't be too out there.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:

100% agreed.

Personally I would be okay with an optional boss fight against Darth Vader.

Blue21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:37 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

Yeah, it's actually cool.

I legitimately think Robin Hood would be a far more interesting world than SW or Marvel. Coolness is subjective. Besides, do you really want to hear Iron Man sentimentally spout about friendship, hearts, light and darkness?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:43 am Reply with quote
He would probably subvert and and mock it which is why it would work.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
The thing is after 2 and the endless spinoffs, most of the genuine classics have already been tapped. Most critics admit it's only recently Disney proper has gotten its groove back with films (Big Hero 6, Frozen, and Moana are far more beloved than say...Princess and the Frog).

I wouldn't quite count that out:
Yes, Frog was a mess, but now thanks to Bob Iger petulantly thumbing his nose at the box-office analysts, and making the corporate proclamation that Tiana would now permanently be seen everywhere the Princesses showed up, so there, nyeah Razz , a generation of video-raised kids now considers it one of the "essential" 00's-10's movies. Go to the Parks and Cruise ships, you'll see Frog EVERYWHERE.
(Just like happened with their 90's "flop" Hercules, which also showed up in the KH's, but that was a little more deserving to be rediscovered by video generations. For reason, Robin Hood has been undeservingly "rediscovered" by short memory too, but I'd rather have him in the game than watch his movie again.)

Big Hero 6, OTOH, it's now starting to kick in with a little post-Frozen morning-after that it...just wasn't a very good movie. Hiro & Baymax got kicked out of their one park-meet character spot, and now you can barely find any marketing of them, let alone any mention of the movie.
Unlike Wreck-It Ralph, which I'd put any insane amount of money down we'll get a KH3 level of which.

Revolutionary wrote:
If you don't think original Disney characters and franchises are 'cool', Kingdom Hearts probably isn't the series for you. Just sayin'.

Fighting with 80's-Tron or The Beast on your team. Cool
If that bit of coolness doesn't say it all for KH2, I don't know how else I can help explain it to anyone.
Amaranth Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

He said that he wanted to show a gameplay video but wasn't allowed.

Most likely the PR team is waiting for E3.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2