• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:06 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
And yeah, that dog bowl joke was amazing, the way the waitress did it fully straight face with not an hint of malice and how darkness was actually turned on. Perfect.

It was also great when Darkness told Kazuma they should move there. It'll be awesome if this all ends with Aqua being creeped out by her own followers and Darkness (the follower of Eris) wants to stay with them. (altho, obviously not as a member of the cult)
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Why does no one remember Wiz almost ascending and seeing Dullahan? Her waking up with a scream when Aqua was purifying the zombies because she got hit by it too was perfect. I feel like this episode has the best comedic timing of the franchise.

Also, the correlation Kazuma made when he noted "never thought that everyone of the Axis church was like this" and then when Darkness was in bliss he said, "Eris followers better not all be like you". Those little moments are the best.

The dog bowl with the bone at the restaurant was a perfect touch.

Last edited by rinkwolf10 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Yea a lot of little moments in this episode were great. Anyone notice the little jealous look darkness made when that girl was hanging onto Kazuma? Yea I ship them, they are perfect for each other, the masochistic pervert and the sadistic pervert
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
Yea a lot of little moments in this episode were great. Anyone notice the little jealous look darkness made when that girl was hanging onto Kazuma? Yea I ship them, they are perfect for each other, the masochistic pervert and the sadistic pervert

I do too, but I feel like it's kinda bais from the show as it has been very Darkness heavy this season. Although, it has been dropping hints of Megumin but they have been subtle and off screen, so interested to see what that is all about.

Is anyone else interested to know what happened to Megumin's little sister? I mean, she seemed to have left her somewhere, and seeing as how Megumin is 3 years younger than Kazuma (17) she is 14 and her sister seemed at least 3-4 years younger than her, making her about 10 years of age. Which, begs the question, what happened to her and why did Megumin leave her?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Favourite parts for the episode is hard, in general I think just the whole Aqua thinking highly of herself despite being really dumb being reflected in her cult huge religious zealots and embarrassingly transparent in attempts of recruitment. And how Darkness reacts.

Rinkwolf wrote:
Is anyone else interested to know what happened to Megumin's little sister? I mean, she seemed to have left her somewhere, and seeing as how Megumin is 3 years younger than Kazuma (17) she is 14 and her sister seemed at least 3-4 years younger than her, making her about 10 years of age. Which, begs the question, what happened to her and why did Megumin leave her?

I would assume they have parents, Megumin mentioned her parents' names in the second episode. I am thinking that Megumin and Yunyun graduated magic school and went off on adventure, maybe Megumin saying she would bring in money, although in general Megumin is quite in for the adventure.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:27 am Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
Is that what it's like to go to Salt Lake City? Very Happy

You might think, but no, it's actually pretty free of proselytizing. I guess they figure the city and its sights advertise it thoroughly enough and save the missionary efforts for the outside. And since their streets are so oddly designated (like W 600 S - not to be confused with S 600 W!), maybe they also figure you'll never find your way out... But it's a nice place to visit.

Anyway, I loved this episode the most of the whole franchise. Every joke and detail seemed to land and everybody got a little time to be hilarious. I would've thought Darkness would just wear her Eris amulet openly once she saw the reactions.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote
About Yunyun with the way the story is progressing spoiler[she should make a proper appearance in the next arc]
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:45 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Favourite parts for the episode is hard, in general I think just the whole Aqua thinking highly of herself despite being really dumb being reflected in her cult huge religious zealots and embarrassingly transparent in attempts of recruitment. And how Darkness reacts.

Rinkwolf wrote:

I would assume they have parents, Megumin mentioned her parents' names in the second episode. I am thinking that Megumin and Yunyun graduated magic school and went off on adventure, maybe Megumin saying she would bring in money, although in general Megumin is quite in for the adventure.

Then why did the "friendship ball" show that she and her sister were always outside, and starving, hence the intricate "dinners" they had (bugs, etc.) and Megumin had to steal YunYun's lunch everyday to survive.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:59 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Then why did the "friendship ball" show that she and her sister were always outside, and starving, hence the intricate "dinners" they had (bugs, etc.) and Megumin had to steal YunYun's lunch everyday to survive.

Her parents and family were poor? Maybe some other humorous thing where they were like bad at money, or full on chuuni, and maybe there will be a joke that Megumin restrained compared to them in places. I don't know, but I doubt that it is anything truly tragic,

Darkness' background event was not her being from a strict family and being married to a dirt bag, but her being made to have a marriage interview with a really nice guy. My gut says that Megumin's would be against normal expectations.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Her parents and family were poor? Maybe some other humorous thing where they were like bad at money, or full on chuuni, and maybe there will be a joke that Megumin restrained compared to them in places. I don't know, but I doubt that it is anything truly tragic,

Darkness' background event was not her being from a strict family and being married to a dirt bag, but her being made to have a marriage interview with a really nice guy. My gut says that Megumin's would be against normal expectations.

I heard from a little bird that spoiler[their being poor is mostly due to their parents being away all the time so the girls had to fend for themselves in their absence. I suggest taking this with a grain of salt though]
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
And since their streets are so oddly designated (like W 600 S - not to be confused with S 600 W!), maybe they also figure you'll never find your way out... But it's a nice place to visit.

Oh, Salt Lake City is far from the only place with road designations like that! My home state of Indiana has numerous counties where the county roads have designations like that, and I'm pretty sure that I have seen them in rural Iowa and other Midwestern states, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
DC is like that too, but that doesn't make it any easier to navigate. Smile
GarethXL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Quote:

I heard from a little bird that spoiler[their being poor is mostly due to their parents being away all the time so the girls had to fend for themselves in their absence. I suggest taking this with a grain of salt though]

megumin family is dirt poor. nothing to discuss really.

ohh and the whole crimson clan are chuuni the only odd one is yunyun
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote
As far as running jokes go, I don't think anything will top Aqua's party tricks. Their mere existence is good enough, but then you find out people love it, and then you find out it's apparently marketed as one of the perks of the religion.
Ambulator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:33 am Reply with quote
I saw a report somewhere that another ten episodes are scheduled at the beginning of 2018. If that is true it makes me happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 13