• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kenjirou Hata's Hayate the Combat Butler Manga to End in 6 Chapters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucio542

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:58 am Reply with quote
Will be very sad...but the time has come.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah I agree, sad to see it go but it's about time. Hopefully they can get another anime season out to close out the show. I'll miss Hinagiku and Nagi.

Also please Hayate x Hinagiku please
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 am Reply with quote
It was a good run. I might have to say
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:37 am Reply with quote
I haven't read the manga yet, but I have enjoyed the anime; thus, it'll be sad to see it go.
Vannil

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:55 am Reply with quote
I'm sad to see it ending, but it had been dragging prior to the start of the current arc.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:26 am Reply with quote
Will Maria finally have her 18th birthday?
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Didn't know this series was still going, well it had a good run
GhostOfShowsPast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:13 pm Reply with quote
One of my favourite series have had many great laughs from the manga and anime, I just hope this will lead to a movie or season were we properly get to see A-tan.

A-tan or Maria with Hayate would be my choices.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
ughh finally, HK was obviously struggling with the series after the end of the world arc. and after the mykonos the writing really went downhill fast.

hope he can wrap the series up nicely
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
GarethXL wrote:
ughh finally, HK was obviously struggling with the series after the end of the world arc. and after the mykonos the writing really went downhill fast.

I think the End of the World Arc is when Hata-sensei realized he had a massive problem. And I suspect it was the reason he put off introducing Athena into the manga as long as he did. Athena basically killed Hata-sensei's desired Nagi x Hayate ship. So when all was said and done, Hata-sensei attempted to have Athena sink herself at the end of the Golden Week Arc with the symbolic moment of her handing over the hat to Nagi. He then tried to cement that by making Athena return to Ah-tan form. Unfortunately, that didn't stop Athena x Hayate shippers from wanting that ending to happen again. So he had to have her sink herself again. Rolling Eyes

Up until the End of the World Arc, the manga's plot had been all but invisible to me. It was just a fun, wacky gag manga with some fun adventures in the mix. After that arc, I went back and reread everything and realized that there were bits and pieces of plot woven in all over with the comedy. That made the manga my favorite.

In more recent years, the manga slipped for me because Hata-sensei is so slaved to the idea that HnG had to be a gag comedy manga first and foremost, thus plot got relegated to the back seat. In my mind, he could have merged the two nicely. Instead, we are getting a rushed ending with the harem sinking themselves 'cause "reasons" and I fear a resolution that will be OK at best, but not very satisfying.

Of course, we'll be lucky if Viz puts out the whole thing in English. If they do, it will take another ten years. *_*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1