• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My anime queue

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nate1986

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
I have a ton of anime in my Crunchyroll Q but there are some shows I have barely started or not at all so I am asking for help in what to keep or drop here goes

Taboo Tatoo
91 Days
Alderman in the sky
Qualidea Code
Active Raid
Rewrite
Time Bokan 24
BBK/BRNK
Izetta the last witch
Trickster
Occulitic Nine
Classicaloid
Akibas Trip
elDLIVE
Spritpact
Gabriel dropout
ACCA-13
Hand Shakers
Interviews with Monster Girls
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
This is a really hard question to answer without knowing what your normal tastes are.

However, if you want advice based simply on the shows widely being considered good or bad, then the biggest wastes of your time are likely to be Taboo Tattoo, Spiritpact, and Hand Shakers. All three of those have been widely-panned. The rest are very subjective; for instance, I still liked Izetta: The Last Witch despite its flaws, but many were ultimately disappointed with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nate1986

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
This is a really hard question to answer without knowing what your normal tastes are.

However, if you want advice based simply on the shows widely being considered good or bad, then the biggest wastes of your time are likely to be Taboo Tattoo, Spiritpact, and Hand Shakers. All three of those have been widely-panned. The rest are very subjective; for instance, I still liked Izetta: The Last Witch despite its flaws, but many were ultimately disappointed with it.

genre wise I like Action, adventure, horror/supernatural, comedy in anime, slice of life is hit and miss for me, I find Miss Kobiyashis Dragon Maid really cute (sue me I'm a guy lol) whereas Monster Girls kinda fell flat, sports anime isn't my cup of tea

Hopefully that helps Key and thanks for your help
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, the slice of life anime I'd highly recommend are BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Great Teacher Onizuka, and ESPECIALLY Welcome to the NHK. After NHK, if you liked that, check out Watamote, Oreimo, or Genshiken.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote
We're not making a general recommendation thread here. As a Moderator I'm allowing this because he's only asking based on a specific list of titles.

nate1986, if the first episode of Monster Girls didn't work for you then watching the rest of the series is almost certainly a waste of your time. The tone and content don't change much from what you see in that first episode. Since you do like Dragon Maid, you should find Gabriel Dropout to be more to your tastes. Among the others, I really liked Alderamin; I thought it improved as it went along, enough so that I rated it my #2 series of the year. The first season of Rewrite was widely considered a disappointment by fans of Key-based works, though the second season seems to be more highly-regarded. Active Raid was pretty decent as action series go, and I can't comment authoritatively on the rest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1