• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Sunday Has 'Important Announcement' for Rumiko Takahashi Fans on March 22

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:42 am Reply with quote
A 4th Rinne season announcement? Which I actually wouldn't mind. I like the series. :3

Season 1: 25 Episodes (Spring 2015.)
Season 2: 25 Episodes (Spring 2016.)
Season 3: 25 Episodes? (Spring 2017.)

I've been watching since season 1 premiered. :3

Edit: Or is it ending?

Or this could be about another one of her works. So I have no idea. xD
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:03 am Reply with quote
I doubt they'd announce a fourth season before the third even starts airing. I guess it's ending but maybe it's something neat.
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:21 am Reply with quote
I figured they might look at it this way: "They already see the pattern. So why not just say we have a 4th season planned?" Probably too good to be true, but it could be possible. xD

It's either ending, or something about one of her other works is more likely.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote
The fact that it says it's for Rumiko Takahashi fans and doesn't specify that it's about Kyokai no Rinne makes me think of several options.
1.) Rinne is ending and another new series is beginning
2.) Rinne is ending and She will be re-visiting an old work
3.) Rinne is continuing and one of her other works will be getting more animation (Ranma wasn't fully adapted if I remember correctly, don't quote me on it.)
4. Takahashi will be doing a one shot, possibly from an old series. I know she did an Inuyasha one shot for the devastating 2011 earthquake.

Personally, Inuyasha has a very special place in my heart, being my first real anime exposure. (I created an account here to gush my excitement for the announcement of The Final Act Laughing ) So I do hope it's Inuyasha related. Give me Boruto Inuyasha style with kagome and Inuyasha's potential kid and Rin. (we already know Sango and Miroku have been popping out kids like crazy.) I'd even take another one shot. Or how about Inuyasha gets the Sailor Moon Crystal treatment. (Without all the things people didn't like about Crystal, obviously.) Even though I'm grateful for the final act, I'm still a little bummed they crammed 21 volumes into 26 episodes
I've officially crossed into absurdity, my bad. Haven't thought about the prospect of anything new from Inuyasha in years, apparently I still care.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:55 am Reply with quote
Well perhaps my long wish of having an animated Final Arc for Ranma 1/2 will finally come true Smile
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:45 am Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Well perhaps my long wish of having an animated Final Arc for Ranma 1/2 will finally come true Smile

Were that the case, they might have to get some new voices as some of the VA have either died or retired.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Majin Tenshi wrote:

Were that the case, they might have to get some new voices as some of the VA have either died or retired.

Well in the 2008 OVA Hirotaka Suzuki (Kuno), who was replaced by his series replacement Kouji Tsujitani. Adding Ichiru Nagai to that, the rest are still alive and active in some capacity (at least the main characters).
valoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I hope it's not ending... It would take away my reason to live Sad
matt78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind a new Inuyasha movie. Is it possible they might announce blu rays for Inuyasha?
Nodz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:46 pm Reply with quote
valoon wrote:
I hope it's not ending... It would take away my reason to live Sad

As much as I love Kyoukai no Rinne, how could it be a reason to live?
I'd really like to see a new manga by Takahashi.

But what I'd rather like is a Ranma 1/2 remake, adapting all the stories. And better openings!
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
But what I'd rather like is a Ranma 1/2 remake, adapting all the stories. And better openings!

I'd settle for an adaptation of the manga's final arc, just to give the anime an actual conclusion, but I guess that ship has sailed long ago.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
3.) Rinne is continuing and one of her other works will be getting more animation (Ranma wasn't fully adapted if I remember correctly, don't quote me on it.)
4. Takahashi will be doing a one shot, possibly from an old series. I know she did an Inuyasha one shot for the devastating 2011 earthquake.

I remember reading somewhere (and if anyone knows where she talked about this, please give me the reference!) that she had long thought about revisiting some of her earlier characters and to show "where they are now" (or words to that effect), but that she wanted to wait until she was much older before tackling it. So I guess a sequel series (one-shot?) is not beyond the realm of possibility.

If its an anime announcement, I'd personally like to see Ranma get a satisfying conclusion. The series is still popular even 25+ years later, and the fact that the final arc has never been adapted is still annoying. Failing that, there's always the possibility of a reboot/remake anime series; Urusei Yatsura would probably be the most likely in that regard.

I guess we'll find out soon.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Some news on Ranma 1/2 would be nice. Whether its an animated remake or a conclusion, I'd really like to see most (if not all) the original cast who are now veteran seiyuus like Kappei Yamaguchi, Megumi Hayashibara, Noriko Hidaka, Kouichi Yamadera, Kikuko Inoue, Minami Takayama, Kenichi Ogata, Hiromi Tsuru, etc.

If a new animation was produced, I wouldn't know what studio would most likely animate it since the anime's original studio DEEN isn't exactly voted among the best studios today. But personally, I'd prefer if it was done it an old-fashioned way just to give it a little bit of nostalgia. I know this isn't the 80's/90's anymore but...hey, I'm an old-timer.

P.S.: My favorite of the older songs in the anime was Equal Romance. Sooooooo beautiful every time I listen to it.
Nodz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
It could be a Ranma 1/2 related news as this year the manga will be 30 years old.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1