• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vannil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quote
My guess those two characters at the hot springs are either demon generals or the guy personally knew Wiz before she died and became a Lich.
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
Ambulator wrote:
I saw a report somewhere that another ten episodes are scheduled at the beginning of 2018. If that is true it makes me happy.

Source? 'Cause I would be ecstatic if this were true. #sixseasonsandamovie Anime hyper
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote
Current funniest moment of the entire series to me:
New woman talking to the guy in the mixed bath and then noting the guy leering at her. Guy is OF COURSE Kazuma who is pointedly STARING at her and says "don't mind me" and when she notes her discomfort he doesn't move a muscle and AGAIN says "don't mind me". Everything else prior to that point (whether intentional or not) was in response to other people. (stealing Chris' panties was after she was clearly going to rip him off on the steal skill thing, and ANYTHING with any of the women in his group always involves SOMETHING from them) But that one was just Kazuma being a straight-up, SHAMELESS perv. Laughing
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
My guess those two characters at the hot springs are either demon generals or the guy personally knew Wiz before she died and became a Lich.

now that you mention it, we had that scen with whiz reminiscing about her old adventure teammates.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really see any weakening of the joke this episode due to the tone, there was less spoken joke but the animation and art style took the relay and carried the joke trough the more "serious" portion.

Love when Kazuma was becoming ashamed of himself for peeping so he start walking away, just to immediately bounce back as soon as there's any mention of butts.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I would've thought Darkness would just wear her Eris amulet openly once she saw the reactions.

I guess I thought right. Very Happy

I agree that this episode wasn't as funny as last week's, but that's an awfully high bar, since last episode was damned near perfect.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't think this was as funny as last week's episode, which was in my opinion the funniest episode of the series so far, but it was almost as good, and definitely one of my favorites of the season/series. A-, definitely.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:26 pm Reply with quote
So, is it confirmed that Kanosuba 2 going to be 10 episodes as well.

It seems like there is a lot more events going on this season that will need more than 1 episode to flesh out properly. Beside, it seems like most of the usual characters haven't had their air time this season.
Ambulator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:46 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Ambulator wrote:
I saw a report somewhere that another ten episodes are scheduled at the beginning of 2018. If that is true it makes me happy.

Source? 'Cause I would be ecstatic if this were true. #sixseasonsandamovie Anime hyper

https://oxvo.info/kono-subarashii-season-3/
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Ambulator wrote:
omnistry wrote:
Ambulator wrote:

So awesome if it's true!

*See March 2018 release date*

I hope it's a fake announcement so the real one can be earlier!
MarineCorps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Ambulator wrote:
omnistry wrote:
Ambulator wrote:

Useless site. It offers nothing to back it up. It doesn't even pretend to have anonymous sources. So until the last ep airs we wont know if there is a season 3.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Useless site. It offers nothing to back it up. It doesn't even pretend to have anonymous sources. So until the last ep airs we wont know if there is a season 3.

And it doesnt help that whoever wrote the content had worse grammar than me
Quoque tu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Now, I don't know why the anime didn't mention this (actually I know,it's classic censorship) but when Darkness mentions something about Megumin's butt,it's not about something random in order to get Kazuma's attention, but it's a real thing that Kazuma has also seen during the bath scene with Megumin and that is related to the Crimson magic clan. Other than that,the show is retelling some of the events in the LN and skipping some parts (like the Dwarf/Elf scam) in order to cram this arc into the remaining episodes. Can't say I'm too happy about that but the episodes have been insanely good anyway so whatever.

P.S. : Megumin commanding Darkness to punch Kazuma felt like she was summoning Star Platinum, I laughed so much at that scene.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Quoque tu wrote:
Now, I don't know why the anime didn't mention this (actually I know,it's classic censorship) but when Darkness mentions something about Megumin's butt,it's not about something random in order to get Kazuma's attention, but it's a real thing that Kazuma has also seen during the bath scene with Megumin and that is related to the Crimson magic clan. Other than that,the show is retelling some of the events in the LN and skipping some parts (like the Dwarf/Elf scam) in order to cram this arc into the remaining episodes. Can't say I'm too happy about that but the episodes have been insanely good anyway so whatever.

P.S. : Megumin commanding Darkness to punch Kazuma felt like she was summoning Star Platinum, I laughed so much at that scene.

Cant blame them for skipping some parts. I did a little digging and it looks like this really is only a 10 ep season meaning next week will be the last ep.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Cant blame them for skipping some parts. I did a little digging and it looks like this really is only a 10 ep season meaning next week will be the last ep.

Can you link to a source on that? Because I haven't seen anything pointing to that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 13