• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness Manga's Lala Gets Life-Size Figure

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Ecchi/Hentai pervs are crying tears of joy at this announcement Shocked
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Is that the design for it there? If so, DAMN! At least someone knows what kind of life-size figures these guys want. Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 am Reply with quote
jeromeskee wrote:
Ecchi/Hentai pervs are crying tears of joy at this announcement Shocked

If it's just a statue with no articulation and soft bits I think they'll be a little more frustrated at that price. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 am Reply with quote
Nah, if they have that kind of money, they already know what they are getting, and they can always order a custom silicone version of what they want, that has everything you hinted at.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quote
It's a shame that only fans with a good amount of available money can buy these figures.
These figurines are the top a collector will have in his /her collection.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
Life-sized figures, pffft. Come on, Japan, I know y'all are working on fully functioning, life-like waifu androids with "Yes, Master!" AI so when are they rolling out? I ain't gettin' any younger, here.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Is that the design for it there? If so, DAMN! At least someone knows what kind of life-size figures these guys want. Laughing

Nah, not everyone. I'm a figure collector but really not much into swimsuit versions. They just look pretty plain in my opinion, as well as being an easy option for the creators. I do have some but they tend to be bunny types. A suggestive and good-looking dress on a cute girl can be a lot more alluring...
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

Nah, not everyone. I'm a figure collector but really not much into swimsuit versions. They just look pretty plain in my opinion, as well as being an easy option for the creators. I do have some but they tend to be bunny types. A suggestive and good-looking dress on a cute girl can be a lot more alluring...

Oh yeah, for sure. A more elaborate design is what I'm certainly a fan of, but this is the LEAST boring life-size figure I've seen in a while. Most of them are even more bland than this(i.e. Saekano's Megumi, Rem, etc). And at least the people who want it for more prurient reasons don't need to have as much of an imagination. Wink
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

As a figure collector myself I tend to follow that same approach. For starters PVC figures are not cheap. If I am going to spend that kind of money I want MORE of a figure to look at to warrant that price. I do have a few swimsuit figures either for characters where the selection is limited so you get what you get or because the swimsuit was a more cute design than most. Otherwise I almost always prefer figures with some sort of actual outfit to catch the eye and justify the price tag. Simply buying swimsuit figures I feel is like paying those super high prices for microfood at fancy restaurants.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:40 am Reply with quote
While I am glad the manga spoiler[had somewhat of an open ending so people can choose who Rito should be with], I still say Lala should be the end girl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1