• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Looking for characters like Hanako Ikezawa from Katawa Shoujo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNeverhood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote
TL;DR - I am looking for a female character similiar to Hanako in the visual novel Katawa Shoujo developed by Four Leaf Studios. Im looking for prefferably a visual novel, or it could be an anime as well. The style should prefferably be a romance but doesn't have to be. Basically something with a relationship and interesting character interactions.

So I've been watching anime for some time now, always on the lookout for interesting characters. Only recently I've started getting into visual novels so I played some random ones and wasn't that much into it.

But then I played katawa shoujo and I was really surprised by how much thought and emotion was put into it. Especially the character of Hanako intrigued me and maybe even made me realize a few things about myself.

In a nutshell, Im looking for a shy female, possibly anti-social character with a good/dark backstory, prefferably in respect to having personal issues, past issues, psychological trauma, bullying etc. So that should be Dandere.

For anyone wondering why I would look for such a specific character, here is why:

1.(main reason): I have a weakness for good characters and I'm a sucker for character development. For me it's all about those two things, the rest just comes with it. Now you may be asking, what does character development have to do with shy characters? Well, I found out that it's usually the shy, sometimes anti-social characters and/or characters with a lot of issues/doubts about their behaviour that have the most character development throughout the course of the story. Besides that I just really like shy mysterious characters.

2.: They remind me of myself

Thanks in advance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1